Owls Squad Half Term Report

So we're at the halfway stage and heres my take on the squad thus far:

Keiran Westwood - Had a few early wobbles and injury niggles but now back to his very best, unbeatable on his day

Joe Wildsmith - Very capable 2nd keeper but a hand injury has kept him out of contention

David Jones - Steady, experienced and mostly used as sub to steady the ship

Kieran Lee - Excellent box to box midfielder and scorer of some key goals

Steven Fletcher - A real workhorse who's not afraid to throw himself into the thick of it (sometimes to his detriment) just needs to add a few more goals to his game

Almen Abdi - A strange one this, obviously a good player but cannot fit in the jigsaw at the moment

Moudou Sougou - Barely used squad member who's never shown much to suggest otherwise

Adam Reach - Worth £5m, I'm not sure but his influence in games has been growing, needs a goal

Glenn Loovens - Not the quickest and prone to injury but the defence seesm better whens he's in it, got his first goal this week

Gary Hopper - Not liked but some fans for his alleged lack of work rate but a great poacher who was in top form before he got injured

Tom Lees - Solid dependable CB

Liam Palmer - Divides the fans as some prefer Hunt

Lucas Joao - Looked a good prospect but seems to have lost his way, poor first touch and shooting lets him down

Marco Matias - Sick note

Melo - Sick note 2

Sam Hutchinson - What can you say about this guy, a huge prescence and a skiful player with it, injuries and suspensions are always a worry and he'd be hugely missed if absent, a colossus

Jose Semedo - Kept on more for his background work than first team opportunities

Cameron Dawson - Good young keeper who's done a job when called upon

Urby Emanuelson - Who??

Jack Hunt - Divides fans as some prefer Palmer

Ross Wallace - Not been quite as on it as last season but a character and can be a match winner

Jake Kean - Strange signing who looks to be 4th choice keeper

Daniel Pudil - Great last season a bit shaky this although I think the formations we've played have left him exposed on occasion

Will Buckley - Loan player who shown flashes of what he can do but out injured

Vincent Sasso - Stand in CB

Barry Bannan - Not quite as influential as last season but on his day controls midfield and has shown that in recent games

Atdhe Nuihiu - Probably the most divisive player in the Owls history, used less and less these days but has changed games in our favour

Fernando Forestieri - Hopefully the early season nonsense is behind him and he stays with us as on his day theres no better attacking player in the Championship

Edited by top4718

Would say thats about spot on.Wallace can be a match winner and thought he had his best game at Toon.

Thought it was Joe Wildsmith? or do we have his brother? lol

Seems its his birthday today too

Date of birth 28 December 1995 (age 20)

Happy Birthday Joe

Thought it was Joe Wildsmith? or do we have his brother? lol

Seems its his birthday today too

Date of birth 28 December 1995 (age 20)

Happy Birthday Joe

Sorry it is of course Joe, I know someone else called Ben who's defo not a goalkeeper haha

i think i roughly agree with all your points by the way, i loled at the Who? comment for Urby lol

A few on here say we're not as good as last year but do league tables lie after half a season,we are better off league wise,just need the small step up now and hammer someone.

A few on here say we're not as good as last year but do league tables lie after half a season,we are better off league wise,just need the small step up now and hammer someone.

Possibly a few players in and hopefully some out in the transfer window and get Hooper back and it could be a very interesting second half of the season, the Newcastle performance was fantastic.

We've been relatively poor for most of the season in my opinion so to be where we are is fantastic. The 'team' hasn't just seemed as together for some reason.

However, Monday night could be the catalyst. It was a huge performance, fully deserved and the celebrations after the goal were brilliant. The first full performance this season for me.

We have some players who have not kept to the standards of last season - Pudil being the prime example. Saying that I thought he was great on Monday. The other side worries me as Palmer should be nowhere near a team pushing for the top 6 and Hunt is too inconsistent although has had a few decent games recently.

I said in pre-season we just needed a few tweaks. We overdid it but thankfully it seems to be a bit more settled now. I genuinely hope we see Abdi push on but it's an odd one. As is Jones - you don't play 40+ games for the champions of this division, start the first prem game then join a team in the division below to be a bit part player.

But hopefully we'll kick on now although I'm expecting a poor result in one of the next 2 for some reason

sounds a fair report to me tops. alot of players haven't been playing at their best this first half, hopefully will change second half of season