Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday 26/12/16

An early thread but here goes:

Arguably the toughest fixture in the Championship calender – A buoyant expensively assembled side, a Champions League winning manager and one of the leagues inform strikers in Dwight Gayle. What could go wrong?

A lot of callers to PorG on Saturday were saying we’ll get slaughtered if we play like that v The Toon, fortunately we wont, our better recent performances (not results) have come v Fulham and Reading, teams who are confident enough to come out and play and not stick 10 men behind the ball for the majority of the game. With FF back and hopefully Bannan and Lee fit I think we’ll give a good account of ourselves, they may prove too strong but…………….

Could be a Christmas cracker.

2-2

Seen Newcastle play several times this season..........

Sen Wednesday play a few times this season.............

No competition in the slightest! Newcastle are way superior in every department on the pitch and will cut The Owls back four open with ease.

Boxing day disaster for The Owls (awaits yet another reference to the boxing day massacre).....

Newcastle 4 - 1 Wednesday

Edited by green_man

Some say.."Newcastle are way superior in every department on the pitch"....yet they lost to Blackburn at home and away at Forest in recent games...both teams struggling in the Championship...but that doesn't fit in with the opportunity to have another little dig at Wednesday...:roll:

Tough game without question....but with a certain player back after suspension and others getting back to fitness...you just never know..

Some say.."Newcastle are way superior in every department on the pitch"....yet they lost to Blackburn at home and away at Forest in recent games...both teams struggling in the Championship...but that doesn't fit in with the opportunity to have another little dig at Wednesday...:roll:

Tough game without question....but with a certain player back after suspension and others getting back to fitness...you just never know..

Oh give over with yourself Shezza!.....Every time that anyone has an opinion that differs to you lot, it is instantly deemed a dig or an attack. :hihi:

I base my opinion over the course of a season not just on a couple of wobbles (which incidentally the best of teams have anyway.

I watched the Forest match that you refer to and Newcastle were highly unlucky to not to have at least come away with a draw. They went down to 9 men and in the end it was a flukey OG that cost them a point after giving a very brave account of themselves.

But like I said I base my opinion on the course of the season having seen both teams.....Newcastle are brutal up top which is reflected by the current 2 goals per game average and they are pretty solid at the back as well.

At home in front of a bumper Geordie, festive following.......They will thrive and I think we will see them at their best.

Oh give over with yourself Shezza!.....Every time that anyone has an opinion that differs to you lot, it is instantly deemed a dig or an attack. :hihi:

I base my opinion over the course of a season not just on a couple of wobbles (which incidentally the best of teams have anyway.

I watched the Forest match that you refer to and Newcastle were highly unlucky to not to have at least come away with a draw. They went down to 9 men and in the end it was a flukey OG that cost them a point after giving a very brave account of themselves.

But like I said I base my opinion on the course of the season having seen both teams.....Newcastle are brutal up top which is reflected by the current 2 goals per game average and they are pretty solid at the back as well.

At home in front of a bumper Geordie, festive following.......They will thrive and I think we will see them at their best.

Totally not interested in how Newcastle play...its all about Wednesday and how we perform...on our day,i'd fancy us to beat anyone in this league..unfortunately we have been too inconsistent this season....so you just never know.

As for you...you take delight in commenting at every opportunity on Wednesday's style of play,manager,signings,players wages,chairman etc etc etc ...which is fine, if that's what floats your boat,but don't start pretending to be surprised when someone questions your comments...;)

Tough game obviously. With FF back from his mid season break, he'll be refreshed... Great plan if you asked me.

Anything's possible and now with him back I'll go for a 2-2 draw. FF scoring both.

Myself, the wife and daughter are going to the game, we have tickets for the

Gallowgate End.

When the Owls score I will be the one getting filled in. pmsl.

Hoping it is a great game of football.

A game isn't played over the course of a season it's played for 90 minutes at a particular point. Who's to say they won't have another wobble? Concede a flukey own goal, have 2 players sent off?

There is no question they are head and shoulders above every team in our division, and probably at least a third of the prem. Doesn't mean they'll win every game. They've lost 5 this season already, and 3 of those at home - 2 to pretty poor sides who we've beaten already. In fact of their 5 defeats, we've beaten 4 of those teams and drew with the other. So it won't be as cut and dried as you think.

For the record I fancy us to get something as think we will up our game significantly. We have to. We've been very poor for a lot of this season for me.

I may be wrong. But even after Saturday's horror show I'm going up there with some confidence and looking forward to it.

Newcastle are by far the best team in the division and it will be tough.

Still beats playing Oldham in the pub league though.

It must be cold down in our shadow.

Can anything be done about the sexist comments we are hearing at football grounds?

I am hearing some women say they find certain players attractive in a bad way

Its offensive

Newcastle are by far the best team in the division and it will be tough.

Still beats playing Oldham in the pub league though.

It must be cold down in our shadow.

Yes mate it is terrible being a blade this season, I hate it haha......I don'tknow if I can cope with being 2nd at xmas!!!.....And unbeaten runs, and leagues top goalscorer and all that lot...It's terrible haha.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 15:53 ----------

A game isn't played over the course of a season it's played for 90 minutes at a particular point. Who's to say they won't have another wobble? Concede a flukey own goal, have 2 players sent off?

There is no question they are head and shoulders above every team in our division, and probably at least a third of the prem. Doesn't mean they'll win every game. They've lost 5 this season already, and 3 of those at home - 2 to pretty poor sides who we've beaten already. In fact of their 5 defeats, we've beaten 4 of those teams and drew with the other. So it won't be as cut and dried as you think.

For the record I fancy us to get something as think we will up our game significantly. We have to. We've been very poor for a lot of this season for me.

I may be wrong. But even after Saturday's horror show I'm going up there with some confidence and looking forward to it.

You are equally as much entitled to your opinion as I am mine.....