Interested in starting a business

Hi everyone, I am interested in starting my own business, does anyone know where to start? has anyone got any experience in starting businesses?

Depends what sort of business you are starting. Is it a small sandwich shop or a large high tech start up?

Do your business plan.

Make a realistic cash flow forecast.

Research whether there is a market for your product or service.

When you have done that if it seems viable have a go and believe in your self.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies eveyone and its more of a tech thing but I just wondered how you get from business plan to execution.

Thanks for the replies eveyone and its more of a tech thing but I just wondered how you get from business plan to execution.

If you are in the Sheffield City Region, contact the growth hub http://sheffieldcityregion.org.uk/growth-hub/

Good luck with your venture...execution will be a lot of blood, sweat, tears and sleepless nights :hihi:

Your business plan should be in sections; each covering a different period in the development of the business.

The first section needs to be in more detail so it can cover off all the important questions you need to answer to move from planning into execution.

What is most important, after you have understood the market for your product, is that you do move from planning to execution - you can't plan for everything, so at some point you need to move from thinking about it to doing it.

Your focus in the early days should be money (don't spend any you don't really need to) and customers (getting them, getting money out of them, and then getting them soo pleased that they recommend your business - in that order).

Hi everyone, I am interested in starting my own business, does anyone know where to start? has anyone got any experience in starting businesses?

If you're in Sheffield take a look at the sticky at the top of the page and you'll see details of masses of free help available.