Hotdogs & Ice Cream in the Hope Valley

I have an idea to cater for walkers, cyclists and others using their own power to visit the Hope Valley at weekends and holidays.

I have some land within walking distance of Bamford railway station.

The land has walkers and cyclists passing close on one side with a public footpath and on another side with a lane.

It has stunning views of the valley and would be in my opinion make an ideal stopping off spot to relax for a cuppa and a bite to eat before continuing to explore.

I have the location, but need somebody with catering experience that would like to discuss the possibilities.

Cheers ;)

Sounds like a great idea.

Just remember to stock protein bars for cyclists.

They might not be keen on bacon butty.

have things changed since i lived there, can you now just set up shop? and sell what you like. own land or not i would look into this before you do

have things changed since i lived there, can you now just set up shop? and sell what you like. own land or not i would look into this before you do

I'd agree. I suspect that you will have to have the land licensed for use as retail.

But good luck to the OP.

I would suggest the local council would be your best bet to talk to about what is required. I think it makes a difference if you are going to be in a permanent building or mobile café. They would have to look at the kitchen / food prep area anyway.

often wondered how those lay bye cafes get away with it.

often wondered how those lay bye cafes get away with it.

What do you mean? I have seen some that have permanent signs up with their licence on. I have never checked these licences out but I have checked the hygiene rating of some places eg butchers, cafes etc.

Check here:

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/

There are also street vendor / hawker licences / regs. I don't know them all off the top of my head but I know they changed last year. I did read them at the time when they were up for public consultation.

I have an idea to cater for walkers, cyclists and others using their own power to visit the Hope Valley at weekends and holidays.

I have some land within walking distance of Bamford railway station.

The land has walkers and cyclists passing close on one side with a public footpath and on another side with a lane.

It has stunning views of the valley and would be in my opinion make an ideal stopping off spot to relax for a cuppa and a bite to eat before continuing to explore.

I have the location, but need somebody with catering experience that would like to discuss the possibilities.

Cheers ;)

Lots of competition out there in the Hope Valley for cyclists and walkers, you will be up against some great little cafes.

Is your bit of land accessible by tarmac?

Will you have indoor seating?

The Peak Park Planning Committee will be the biggest hurdle in this venture - good luck with that one !

years ago 60s my dad took his ice cream van (granellis) out to fox house within minutes the peak wardens were on his back even had the chain out to tow him off if he didnt move.