Sheffield Wednesday v Wolverhampton Wanderers 02/01/17

To get automatic promotion or even finish in the top six they will have to start scoring more goals they are averaging just over one a game at the half way stage. At the beginning of the season some people were saying there would be goals aplenty with Fletcher, Hooper and Forestieri, plus Bannan and Wallace chipping in with some goals. The goal difference is likely to come into the final play off places, while Reading and Huddersfield have similar GD they have scored more goals which is what counts if GD is identical.

Another game we should be winning but didn't. The only positive is the defence is looking like its back to its best but I've said many times we aren't good enough for automatic and certainly wont be anytime this season. We need a couple of shrewd attacking signings if we are to have a chance. At the moment we'll just scrape into the playoffs but id of took that a couple of seasons back so not grumbling too much.

I dont buy the tired excuse either

The defenders where shocking , Wolves should have had a certain penalty and how they missed that open goal from three feet out is some thing that had to be seen to be believed.

Not our good defence but Wolves shocking miss.

The defenders where shocking , Wolves should have had a certain penalty and how they missed that open goal from three feet out is some thing that had to be seen to be believed.

Its not until Loovens doesn't play that you realise what a big influence he has on the back four....

Having said that,i thought Sasso played ok....the one who looked out of sorts was Jack Hunt....great going forward,but a little prone to defensive errors,which on another day could have cost us.

But only one goal conceded in five games is not a bad record..

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Its not until Loovens doesn't play that you realise what a big influence has on the back four....

Having said that,i thought Sasso played ok....the one who looked out of sorts was Jack Hunt....great going forward,but a little prone to defensive errors,which on another day could have cost us.

This this is just a slight blip. You'll be up there at the end of the season. Still wouldn't surprise me if you got that second place.

Its not until Loovens doesn't play that you realise what a big influence he has on the back four....

I Like GL,and weve looked far more solid with him back and SH back in CM,but I thought Sasso,considering he played no football had a very good game,

Two games running now weve got away with under performing,and its clear one or two are carrying knocks.Which beggars belief when Mcgugans doin nowt!

I Like GL,and weve looked far more solid with him back and SH back in CM,but I thought Sasso,considering he played no football had a very good game,

Two games running now weve got away with under performing,and its clear one or two are carrying knocks.Which beggars belief when Mcgugans doin nowt!

The fact McGugan is still at Hillsborough and no-one has come in for him,either pre-season or had him lined up to move by 1st January says a lot to me...

He has ability that's for sure,but i can't understand why,seemingly,he's happy to not play and just take the wages..

I wasnt talking about only this game, in general we are conceding alot less, wether thats down to them or us is another thing but if we were scoring we wouldnt need to be as stingy in defence.

The fact McGugan is still at Hillsborough and no-one has come in for him,either pre-season or had him lined up to move by 1st January says a lot to me...

He has ability that's for sure,but i can't understand why,seemingly,he's happy to not play and just take the wages..

maybe hes now the boot boy?

maybe he likes cleaning all the boots

Barry Bannan has stated that if footballers can not play two games a week then they should pack it in .

Carlos will not like that.

Barry Bannan has stated that if footballers can not play two games a week then they should pack it in .

Carlos will not like that.

I think Carlos was referring to players carrying knocks/injuries recovering within two days..