Bury v Blades - Matchthread (2/1/16)

Massive praise for Wilder and Knill for dragging this club off its <removed> in to our best position in years.To turn it round in such a short period of time is remarkable.

Its difficult to overestimate what a shambles we were at the back end of last season, with uninterested players and the fans in open revolt at what was going on.The difference between then and now is off the scale and it's been done whilst reducing the wage bill and spending nothing on transfers.Hats off to them both.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Massive praise for Wilder and Knill for dragging this club off its a**e in to our best position in years.To turn it round in such a short period of time is remarkable.

Its difficult to overestimate what a shambles we were at the back end of last season, with uninterested players and the fans in open revolt at what was going on.The difference between then and now is off the scale and it's been done whilst reducing the wage bill and spending nothing on transfers.Hats off to them both.

Yes excellent points. I've always said culture is the number one most important aspect of a successful organisation. I remember saying, to do anything successful, we've got to change the culture... and I include every single person at the club.

We've got our Blades back :banana:

Yes excellent points. I've always said culture is the number one most important aspect of a successful organisation. I remember saying, to do anything successful, we've got to change the culture... and I include every single person at the club.

We've got our Blades back :banana:

We have indeed,

Blades fans will forgive the team for a lot but they have to put a shift in, and Wilder makes sure of that.

Another 3 points, yes it was 'expected' but look how it ieasy it is to drop points like Bolton and Scunny have today.

More away fans than home fans today too, looked in great spirits and excellent vocally.

Apparantly over 3100 today.

Brilliant support.

God knows how many will attend next year when in championship

Massive praise for Wilder and Knill for dragging this club off its <removed> in to our best position in years.To turn it round in such a short period of time is remarkable.

This can't be stressed enough can it?..........Wilder came in and backed his judgement on players he brought in,and backed himself to get the best out of them,not superstars who just roll up and good results automatically follow,but players who were under the radar and many will not even have been aware of.

But not only that,he backed himself to get rid of the players he did,and keep the ones he did,no matter that he may have privately thought,don't really fancy so and so,but circumstances dictate that I have to work with what is already here,as I have to get a team ready to compete at the top of the division,so I can't change everyone.........so he backed himself again to get more out of players,not his players,it's not even his own team yet,but other managers players,than these other managers got out of them...........and he's got them playing at the top of the division now.

Apparantly over 3100 today.

Brilliant support.

God knows how many will attend next year when in championship

Will you be one, if you can remember where the ground is :hihi:

The key to Wilder's success so far has been doing the basics correctly mainly however as a whole he hasn't done much wrong at all.

How many times did we hear Clough and Adkin's say the stereotypical? And in the end it was rather cringeworthy.....

"Teams treat fixtures against us like a cup final"

"they turn up against us"

Wilder doesn't hide behind excuses. He doesn't give any of the opposition in our league any respect what so ever. He sets up to go out on the pitch and win, not to draw. There is non of this "absorb the pressure and counter attack stuff" unless it is required in games, but we haven't had to do a great deal of this because we have been on the front foot.

Duffy, fleck and Coutts are his bulldogs....He instructs us to close teams down quickly and to get the ball and look to attack as often as possible.

It isn't rocket science, it is common sense, playing players to their natural strengths and instructing going out to win games.

Wilders reaction to the game

Cheers Mel,

I think it tallies up with what Edwards said on RS really.

The pitch was apparently a bit "sticky", especially in the middle of the park and the boxes, this took the flow out of the game a bit. Freeman still managed to get up and down the line at pace today and was instrumental in most of the positive play and the goals.

The key to Wilder's success so far has been doing the basics correctly mainly however as a whole he hasn't done much wrong at all.

How many times did we hear Clough and Adkin's say the stereotypical? And in the end it was rather cringeworthy.....

"Teams treat fixtures against us like a cup final"

"they turn up against us"

Wilder doesn't hide behind excuses. He doesn't give any of the opposition in our league any respect what so ever. He sets up to go out on the pitch and win, not to draw. There is non of this "absorb the pressure and counter attack stuff" unless it is required in games, but we haven't had to do a great deal of this because we have been on the front foot.

Duffy, fleck and Coutts are his bulldogs....He instructs us to close teams down quickly and to get the ball and look to attack as often as possible.

It isn't rocket science, it is common sense, playing players to their natural strengths and instructing going out to win games.

I think Wilder DOES give the opposition plenty of respect, and that's why we are doing so well - rather than just assuming we will go out and beat whoever they are just because we are the blades, he shows the correct amount of respect for an opponent, and makes sure the team knows they have to put the effort in every time, or any of these L1 teams can easily turn you over.

Quite amazing the turnaround though this season - after 4 league games, we had 1 point and had dropped 11 of the 12 available... in the 21 games since, we have only dropped another 11 points!

Can't praise Wilder and his team enough for changing the whole attitude and spirit at the club, and the way we are fighting right to the end. No doubt there may be some bumps in the road to come, but without the distractions of the FA Cup also, we won't get a better chance to get out of the league than this - we just need to try and build up this three point lead, and also try and make the gap to third as large as we can.

I think Wilder DOES give the opposition plenty of respect, and that's why we are doing so well - rather than just assuming we will go out and beat whoever they are just because we are the blades, he shows the correct amount of respect for an opponent, and makes sure the team knows they have to put the effort in every time, or any of these L1 teams can easily turn you over.

Quite amazing the turnaround though this season - after 4 league games, we had 1 point and had dropped 11 of the 12 available... in the 21 games since, we have only dropped another 11 points!

Can't praise Wilder and his team enough for changing the whole attitude and spirit at the club, and the way we are fighting right to the end. No doubt there may be some bumps in the road to come, but without the distractions of the FA Cup also, we won't get a better chance to get out of the league than this - we just need to try and build up this three point lead, and also try and make the gap to third as large as we can.

He does give credit to opponents,even if they come to park the bus.If they have a game plan and carry it out well enough,he will say that,and also mention what areas of the field they are good in and what qualities they have,although he isn't bothered if they do park a bus,thought he overstepped it a bit last week after the Oldham game when he said that he saw them the week before and they never turned up,didn't give everything,but they did against us,which I wouldn't have been too pleased about hearing if I were their manager,also I think the Walsall manager gets under his skin a bit.