Sheffield Wednesday v Rotherham 17/12/16

I think it's hard to say really because it started as a fair 50/50 challenge but then obviously when Abdi is on the deck he takes a volley to his shoulder. The camera angle is from behind the incident and Abdi being on the floor kind of blocks the viewing angle so it is hard to say whether there was any intent there or not......Again as it is from behind you can't even see whether the player looks up to see where Abdi is before kicking out.

As I couldn't see anything wrong in it from the camera angle....And based by the fact that none of the fans in the immediate rows right next to the incident jump up in anger or even wave arms in protest, I would be more inclined to say that it was a challenge and then accidental contact afterwards which unfortunately led to Abdi getting injured.

No one fouled Abdi he fell while trying to keep the ball from going out and he must have injured him self again , this once again brings up why have we so many injury prone players .

I don't know...I think there may be some contact there? It isn't as fresh in my head but the circumstances lead me to believe that he was on the receiving end of a bit of boot, I just don't believe it to be intentional from what I saw from my angle.

I think it would be a bit harsh to blame Abdi.

Edited by nikki-red
quote tags

just watched the highlights, we were lucky, seems Joao went down like a bag of <removed> and we got a penalty?

just watched the highlights, we were lucky, seems Joao went down like a bag of <removed> and we got a penalty?

Joao was a disappointment, missed the few chances we did create, the pen was 50/50 I thought some refs give em some don't. It was a frustrating 90mins cos we know we are better than that but when a team comes into the game to hardly try to win it they got what they deserved, don't forget we has what looked a perfectly good goal chalked off in this fixture last season.

Guest sibon
Joao was a disappointment, missed the few chances we did create, the pen was 50/50 I thought some refs give em some don't. It was a frustrating 90mins cos we know we are better than that but when a team comes into the game to hardly try to win it they got what they deserved, don't forget we has what looked a perfectly good goal chalked off in this fixture last season.

On the whole, I though Lucas had a good game, he caused problems all afternoon. If you slow things down, you can clearly see Wood taking Joao's legs. I think it is a penalty, without a doubt.

Not a sending off though. Yet another odd decision in a day of odd reffing. Not biased, by the way, just downright weird and attention seeking.

Sibon ..... No way was that a penalty! BUT lucky for us it was given. ......