Pheonix Security Firm

Since working for Phoenix I've worked about 6 times for them in Sheffield and Leicester, was also told i had a permanent position at a venue in Leicester because it had not long been open and they needed a permanent door team rather than different door staff each weekend.

The week i came back to Sheffield from Leicester, i had contacted my area manager for Sheffield and he wouldn't answer his phone the whole 2 weeks i was back in Sheffield, so i decided to go back to Leicester as i was told i could work there whenever i am there, contacted both managers and the head doorman, neither of them would answer there phones or my messages, even though in advance i had told them i would be down in Leicester and they said yes its fine you can work on the same venue, just let them know, so i tried to let them know, noone would answer there phones.

I also had a disagreement with my manager in Leicester because he wanted me to work a venue, the shift was 10pm Saturday - 7am Sunday, but i had no way of getting home, i explained this and he was basically saying i HAD to do it, making me do it, i constantly said i couldn't else i would be standard as there is no buses on the Sunday till late in the day and this was in Leicester which i'm not very good at knowing my way around a city I've hardly stayed in, i couldn't afford taxi fare, no buses and he was adamant that i had to this, so it was either work and be stranded or not work and knowing i'm "safe" if that is the right word(not very good with words).

Neither manager has offered me work since the last job i have done, i have sent them an email complaining about this, not sure what else i can do. i feel like i am being avoided for some reason that i don't know of.

Can i do anything else? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by KieronJMW

There isn't really a contact, as you have to ring up for work, but obviously when i have been doing that noone will answer there phones, when they have answered it was always there is no work because it has all been taken and by my manager's words he said "I will ring you first when work comes up" i haven't had one phone call being offered work.

I don't think there is anything you can do. There is no contract and they contact you 'ad hoc' for work. My advice would be to find another security firm to work for.

I'd also suggest you get an employment contract, even if 'zero hours' (which in my day were known as 'part time' contracts).

Good luck with finding work.

Steve is spot on mate, no need to work for people who dont appreciate you. There is plenty of work in the security industry.

There is a very good firm in Mexborough, doing real security not standing round a pub door looking hard.

Steve is spot on mate, no need to work for people who dont appreciate you. There is plenty of work in the security industry.

There is a very good firm in Mexborough, doing real security not standing round a pub door looking hard.

It isn't the fact that Phoenix only do pubs and bars ect it's just the fact that telling me I can have a venue for permanent and then all of a sudden not answering my calls for me to say "I'm here, I can work" it's not as though I wasn't turning up and having a crap excuse why I'm not there. I can't pay my phone bill because of them, I have no money, literally.

It isn't the fact that Phoenix only do pubs and bars ect it's just the fact that telling me I can have a venue for permanent and then all of a sudden not answering my calls for me to say "I'm here, I can work" it's not as though I wasn't turning up and having a crap excuse why I'm not there. I can't pay my phone bill because of them, I have no money, literally.

My bold.....

Always get things in writing mate. I'd go find work with another firm.

My bold.....

Always get things in writing mate. I'd go find work with another firm.

Would of if it was possible but they don't do things like that