Property financiers / investors in Sheffield (or SCR)

Hi,

Is there anyone on this forum that is involved in property finance / investment in any significant way?

Not so much people with a few buy-to-lets but those with strong knowledge of property finance, or commercial finance in general.

Many thanks

Not directly but we have a few contacts we use. What are you thinking about? I could do with some more detail in order to point you in the right direction

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My original post is somewhat vague.

I'm really looking anyone who has a strong background in property finance, or even in development construction.

The ultimate ideal would be an informal, or potentially more formal, grouping to share opportunities and expertise in development projects (from finance and SPV capitalisation ideas to construction best practice etc).

Such a grouping could also engage together in development projects, with people contributing expertise, capital, or both.

I think you might be trying to reinvent the wheel as there are groups that do this already such as Sheffield PIN or PPN.

They both meet once a month at the Mercure Hotel near the Parkway/M1 junction and there's a mix of investors and other experts there to network and do deals.

If you google them you'll find contact details to book in

Thank you for the information, I've seen these networks before - and a few others like them throughout the UK.

They're not really the sort of thing I'm aiming for; they seem to focus on attracting more people in to purchasing a few buy-to-lets, with as much leverage as possible, using cash flow to service debt, and then hoping for a capital gain at some point in the future. I can't help but think that when interest rates move back toward the historical average level there will be a huge clear out of may of the BTL investors, and significant swings in property prices.

My experience is in commercial banking, wealth management and investments (some relating to property) and I'm looking more toward significant developments running in to the high millions rather than a few BTL terraced properties.

There are a few of us in an informal group at the moment considering forming an LLP to take advantage of some opportunities, and I thought I would see if there were any other such individuals on here - SF seems to have a large audience throughout the SCR.