Advice on pricing a craft product

Thank you for your insights. What you say makes a lot of sense. Perhaps I need to tweak my business plan : start small with local gift/craft shops to get some market experience ... and then take it up from there. :huh:

P.S. This is harder/ more complicated than I thought ...:|

Don't get too focused on pricing as there will always be who will be happy to pay a higher price for a product that they believe is superior.

If it is a product for children / infants, then a clear message that it is made in England, by hand, very safe, environmentally friendly materials, recycled where appropriate etc immediately increases the expected price.

Getting in the right market connects you with people who look at the product first and then the price rather than vice versa.

Etsy is good from my limited experience with them, but there are others aswell. As for online advertising, I have had the best results from Facebook, you can target the audience you need to connect with, add videos etc.

Good luck with it

Hi there,

Thanks for the link! No i have not joined the Sheffield Sellers group .. but I certainly will now :thumbsup: I made one sale so far ... and was over the moon with it. But I have loads of homework to do to improve matters. (A bit overwhelming with two toddlers and uni ...)

Your shop is lovely by the way ... and the photography is superb! I wish I could take photos like that ...

Thanks again!

xxx

Are you a member of the Sheffield Sellers on Etsy team?

Loads of people to ask for advice there...and the Etsy seller handbook is stuffed full of advice too

x

Thanks for the link! No i have not joined the Sheffield Sellers group .. but I certainly will now :thumbsup: I made one sale so far ... and was over the moon with it.

No worries, look forward to seeing you on the team pages :)

We have loads of things bubbling along project wise, hopefully there will be something there that will be of interest to you

Thanks for your praise too...although it's somewhat undeserved, all the modelled shots were done by people who know what they are doing! I'm still learning too ;)

x

No worries, look forward to seeing you on the team pages :)

We have loads of things bubbling along project wise, hopefully there will be something there that will be of interest to you

Thanks for your praise too...although it's somewhat undeserved, all the modelled shots were done by people who know what they are doing! I'm still learning too ;)

x

Hi there! I already joined the group after talking to you here ...it's amazing. Immediately received lots of support ... including .. (would you believe it?) one Etsy seller warned me about someone duplicating my and other sellers' listings and selling them as their own! :o

Thankfully the matter was promptly resolved by Etsy ... but I would've never known had I not joined the group. So thank you again for your recommendation.

My shop is oonicrafts by the way ... still a little fledgling with awkward feathers ... :hihi:

xxx!