Laptop graphic cards

Can anyone say what a decent graphic card is on a laptop? The laptop I'm using says its an Intel® HD Graphics 520

My son is wanting a gaming laptop, is Intel® HD Graphics 520 on this laptop go enough for games, if not what graphics should it have at least?

thanks

Can anyone say what a decent graphic card is on a laptop? The laptop I'm using says its an Intel® HD Graphics 520

My son is wanting a gaming laptop, is Intel® HD Graphics 520 on this laptop go enough for games, if not what graphics should it have at least?

thanks

Thats the graphics processor that is integrated into the main CPU.

It all depends on what you want to spend. Alienware and MSI have some very high end systems with 1080 and 970 video cards in, quite possibly newer ones than that. But you can easily drop £3k on a top end gaming laptop if you want...

It really comes down to the games you want to play and what sacrifices you are happy to make. Without knowing which games the question is unanswerable.

Gaming laptops are and expensive option and not really good value for money.

You just can't get the same performance as a desktop unit for the money you spend.

Either PS4 type of games or even City Sky Lines, do you need a good laptop for thos?

Just want to see what options are out there but have considered a PC too but he would rather have a laptop.

To play the latest games you're going to need something with lots of grunt, entry level laptops won't cut it you'll need to spend at least a grand.

Gaming laptops suffer massive heat issues as well, especially when playing games, it's quite common for them to burn out pretty quick if played with alot.

Edited by geared

For 1300 you can get an Asus rog. Has a gaming graphics card aswell as a decent 6th gen processor. I got the gl752 and that plays all games high/ultra settings. Resident evil 7, just cause 3, hitman all the latest games play really well.. My opinion is an Asus republic of gamers laptop classed as mid to high range but they really are a great piece of kit