ASDA Self-Service Tills

For the past three or four times at Asda Walkley I've had a problem with the self-service tills.

Basically you scan the first item and put it in the bagging area and it says it doesn't recognise it, please re-scan.

The item registers on the display OK, and if you do re-scan it registers it again, so you end up paying twice for the first item.

If you just lift it off the bagging area and put it back on it's OK.

I've emailed Asda, but as yet no reply.

So use the normal tills then??

Hardly the end of the world :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest makapaka
So use the normal tills then??

Hardly the end of the world :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There's rarely anyone on the checkouts - its pretty much entirely self service and is massively annoying - particularly when people need approvals for beer etc.

I've emailed Asda, but as yet no reply.

Think it would be easier and quicker to ask a member of staff :loopy:

it amazers me, wouldn't it be better to ask the staff that keeps an eye on these tills

I have not, and will not, use self service tills.there is no financial incentive to use them....

I want to help keep people employed.

First world problems :roll:

Many used to say self-checkout was the future..

Well how about no checkout?

Feast your eyes on this:

Edited by Puggie

There's rarely anyone on the checkouts - its pretty much entirely self service and is massively annoying - particularly when people need approvals for beer etc.

Morrisons is even worse for waiting for approvals - one harrassed member of staff has to cover 4 conveyor belt self service tills and about 8 standard ones, plus mop up spillages, deal with random mouthy teenagers etc. But it's still preferable to using the staffed tills which always have big queues.

Think it would be easier and quicker to ask a member of staff :loopy:

That's what I'd do.

Yes I agree. Walkley Asda is heavily reliant on the self service tills. At quiet times and when buying nothing that needs approving then I don't really mind, but it is very frustrating when it is busy.

Also, some people are queuing specifically for the tills at the kiosk because they want to buy cigarettes etc, but others aren't, which can get confusing at times.

good i thought it was only me this happened to.

Morrisons is even worse for waiting for approvals - one harrassed member of staff has to cover 4 conveyor belt self service tills and about 8 standard ones, plus mop up spillages, deal with random mouthy teenagers etc. But it's still preferable to using the staffed tills which always have big queues.

I agree about the long queues at the staffed checkouts which suggests that customers would rather wait to be served rather than use self service.

I have only once got through self service tills without a problem. I refuse to use them now.