Tivo box to be reused

just got rid of virgin and the rep said we had to send the router back but could keep the tivo box. he said we could take the hard drive out and use that so how do i go about formatting it to use as a hard drive to record freeview tv any help thanks

I would double check that, I haven't heard of them letting people keep the boxes.

They let you keep the older boxes as their phasing them out and are no use anymore.

They replaced my V+ box with a TiVo and said I could either keep the box or send it back

EDIT: Sorry just realised the OP said TiVo box.

they just phoned again to try and get us to stay :roll: asked about the box again and told we can keep it but they will send us out some packaging for the router to be sent back. still need information about using it to record freeview any help thanks

It's a cable box ....it won't record freeview
so the hard drive is no good if i take it out of the box?

If I am not mistaken you can get the Tivo to use your new internet so that it can still do things like catch-up etc. Not sure how as I've not used a Tivo before, but there are bound to be guides online?