Looking for 1 to 1 Wordpress Training

I am wanting to build a new website for my business and am looking for someone to provide tutoring to enable me to do it with wordpress.

If you know of any one please let me know

If you can't find anyone to do it why not pay some to set up a basic wordpress site for you and show how to add/amend pages/posts etc.

I'd imagine most web designers/developers would provide you with basic tutoring once you have paid for the site.

Just wondering how cost effect paying just for training versus paying for a simple website and a basic turorial would be. I would have thought paying someone to set-up the site would work out more cost effective.

Either that or Google how to set-up your own website - plenty of tutorials out there.

Agree, there are a few good Wordpress forums to share your site and get opinions and suggestions on your own site.

Thanks for the replies but the website won't be basic and will need several search options for the user to find what it is they are looking for

If its not a basic site and you don't know how to build a site yourself then it begs the question why are you attempting to build it yourself?

Either pay for a website or perhaps sign yourself up fpr some sort of web design/web development course?

---------- Post added 30-03-2017 at 06:51 ----------

BTW you can add search plugins into Wordpress if the default search won't do but I still wonder why you are trying to build the site yourself.

If its not a basic site and you don't know how to build a site yourself then it begs the question why are you attempting to build it yourself?

Either pay for a website or perhaps sign yourself up fpr some sort of web design/web development course?

---------- Post added 30-03-2017 at 06:51 ----------

BTW you can add search plugins into Wordpress if the default search won't do but I still wonder why you are trying to build the site yourself.

Why am I wanting to build it myself ?

Cos the best way to understand all aspects of your business and have as much influence as possible on them is to be hands on. If you apply this to a website then that means understanding the nuts and bolts and having someone explain what they have done to you will never be better than knowing the reasons why you did something yourself.

Being a good business owner doesn't mean you have to do everything in house. Sometimes it about saying I don't know how to do that and its better and more cost effective to pay someone else to do it.

The old phrase of jack of all trades master of none.

I can do the graphics for a website as I trained for 4 years to be a designer. But my husband handled the back-end of my website as that was his thing - he spent many years learning how to code websites.

Managing and building a site can be time consuming especially if it is complex. Then there is the SEO (search engine optimisation) you website will be useless if no one can find it.

Its up to you of course, if you really want to learn then Google is your friend or actually go on a course. But prepared to spend a lot of time learning.

Thanks for filling me in on your own background

Not looking to do a coarse, I am looking for 1 2 1 specific training

You can keep questioning my needs but you don't even know what sort of business I am in let alone what I need a website to do. If you were trying to be helpful, thanks.

I'll not bother next time as clearly you don' t want help yet apparently according to this thread you do?

Perhaps so others can help you you should fill people in on your background and what it is you want?

I am wanting to build a new website for my business and am looking for someone to provide tutoring to enable me to do it with wordpress.

If you know of any one please let me know

This is what I am looking for, nothing else thanks.

Love2print /AS, I don't need to fill people in on my background. You only needed to read the opening post and either put yourself forward or someone else forward, instead you have offered me all sorts of other advice and nuggets. Thanks again.

To be honest, your request is quite vague, although you may not realise it. It's similar to saying I'd like a one to one tutorial on cars - could mean how to drive one, how to maintain and repair, rules of the road etc

Wordpress can do many wonderful things. There's also plenty of things I've seen it used for when a different solution would be better. Your plans may fall into this category and so deciding on Wordpress from the word go may be foolish.

While you may not want to give your life story, a snippet of what you hope to achieve might assist in getting someone suitable - in my opinion 'teach me wordpress' is too generic of a request.

Are you looking to learn the very basics - how to download and install wordpress?

Maybe something a bit more challenging - how to install and customise a theme or plugin?

Perhaps something advanced - developing custom plugins for your site?

Possibly some extra curricular stuff - do people need to find your site? if so how to get it ranking well in searches?

What if things go wrong - will you need to learn how to back up and restore your site?

Hopefully there's a bit of food for thought there and drilling down a bit more will help.

As the previous poster has said, we have to presume that you have validated that Wordpress is the best platform for your website. There are lots of alternatives. Would you care to shed a little more light on why you want Wordpress?