Where is best to live in Sheffield for young professionals?

Hi there everyone.

This is my first post on here. I know that this has been mentioned before but the replies are from years back and need a more recent response.

My boyfriend and I are looking to buy a house in an area in Sheffield. We are wanting an area that has a good community spirit, preferably with pubs/restaurants/bars there so we don't have to go into Sheffield every single time. We don't want to live in a massively populated student area, but at the same time don't want to live surrounded by old people. So anywhere that is in-between, even people beginning to have families, would be ideal. (For example places like London Road we would not be interested in and would prefer a quieter area with a few pubs)

If it is far out from the centre then good links to trams/trains would be good.

Thank you!

Definitely check out S11 area, Nether Edge, Psalter lane, Brincliffe...

Hi there everyone.

This is my first post on here. I know that this has been mentioned before but the replies are from years back and need a more recent response.

My boyfriend and I are looking to buy a house in an area in Sheffield. We are wanting an area that has a good community spirit, preferably with pubs/restaurants/bars there so we don't have to go into Sheffield every single time. We don't want to live in a massively populated student area, but at the same time don't want to live surrounded by old people. So anywhere that is in-between, even people beginning to have families, would be ideal. (For example places like London Road we would not be interested in and would prefer a quieter area with a few pubs)

Thank you!

old people know how to enjoy themselves as well dear, we are not all one foot in the grave:)

Try looking at DORE Region

Edited by nikki-red

Whats your budget? Thats going to have a big impact on where you'll be looking

Whats your budget? Thats going to have a big impact on where you'll be looking

Around the 200,000 mark :)

---------- Post added 12-03-2017 at 15:52 ----------

old people know how to enjoy themselves as well dear, we are not all one foot in the grave:)

No offence intended :) !!

Have a look around Crookes, Walkley or Meersbrook. Dore is very nice if a bit sleepy, but it all depends what you are looking for.

Hi there everyone.

Thank you!

Would you be OK lIving next to plumbers, brick layers and factory workers?

Would you be OK lIving next to plumbers, brick layers and factory workers?

I'm confused? They are also young professionals? I see a young professional as someone who is young and earns money.

Wow, touchy!!

I wonder if they are Seniorphobic lol :roll:

This question is asked quite a lot on here and the same areas always come up. I wouldn't live in any of them. Try looking for houses for sale in your price range and then arrange a visit for a few days to check them out for yourself. I am old(ish) and live on a street with other old people, families with small children and everything in between, with 5 pubs in walking distance.

I'm confused? They are also young professionals? I see a young professional as someone who is young and earns money.

Wow, touchy!!

Professional generally refers to someone who has a degree. Not that this makes them better people or anything, just what it means.

---------- Post added 12-03-2017 at 18:21 ----------

I wonder if they are Seniorphobic lol :roll:

Who cares, they've said what kind of area they're looking for. Either we can help or not. Don't argue about whether they should actually want to live next to an 80 year old couple.

I'd suggest Crookes towards the Heavygate Rd end, Lower Walkley, Hillsborough.

Or the various apartment developments in S1 or around Neepsend.