Anyone worked for HSBC call centre in town?

I have an interview coming up for a job at the HSBC customer contact centre (behind the cathedral in the city centre). Wondered if anyone else has worked for them and what did you think of the company and the job?

hi i worked there last year well i say worked didnt quite finish the training!i worked in the mortgage dept where is it your gettin interviewed for as theres so many different jobs there!

I think the main call centre depts are still in City Plaza. The mortgage dept is more behind the cathedral and is where I used to work (but not on the actual helpdesk within the mortgage dept). By and large I found them a fair employer, keen on training and development. And the bonuses are good too. As with other employers, you can find yourself working for a poor manager, but most of them seem OK.

Yeah I worked there, if you mean on Silver Street Head, it was about 4 years ago for 2 years and I worked in the recruiting department on the 2nd floor. It was actually my job to interview candidates who wanted to work in call centres nationally! They were cool, the hours were really flexible and people nice (if a little dull and jobs-worth), like the other post said I found them to be a fair employer and enjoyed my time there ... but it IS a bank so it just felt a bit boring and stuffy after a while..

Good luck

Did you get the job then?

My wife works there in mortgages, you'll find that all the work is now being sent out to India (as it's cheaper), but the majority of it gets sent back to the UK as they keep messing it up.

Just like every other company that tries to save money by shipping jobs abroad, customer quality goes down hill, so they end up going else where.

They never learn

I worked for HSBC for 6 years, and left 3 years ago, best move I ever did! I would not reccommend a move there, and I am currently in the process of moving all my banking away from them.

As someone has previously said, a great deal of their work has been and is currently being moved out to asia with the loss of jobs for UK staff. I have friends still working there that do not know if they'll have a job this time next year.

From my experience of working there, the bad managers far outway the good. I was treated as if I was a school child, i was given unachievable targets and the benefits you used to get for working for them are now not worth anything.

better working in a sperm bank than hsbc i wont tell you what teh abreviation is but you could guess

I worked for them for THIRTY years before being made redundant/early retirement - yep my job went to India.

When the bank was MIDLAND BANK it was a great bank to work for, but unfortunately I would say that it has gradually got worse and worse and when I left over 12 months ago I couldn't wait to leave.

I suppose I'm quite lucky in that I getg a pension from them which enable me to work part-time.

My OH has also used worked for them as a permanent member of staff (TWICE) and was also made redundant twice and aslo as a contractor. The first time he was made redundant 18 months previously they had paid for him to relocate to their Southampton office and then a few weeks after he left they needed him back and employed him on CONTRACT for more than they had been paying him as a permie because they realised that they didn't have anyone with the necessary expertise for the system they were using. Madness!!

But that's the bank all over.

A Friend Of Mine Used To Do With Drwwells From The Hsbc Maybe He Can Help? His Address Is In Armley Somewhere

A Friend Of Mine Used To Do With Drwwells From The Hsbc Maybe He Can Help? His Address Is In Armley Somewhere

Que??????????????????????????????????

I moved all my banking from HSBC, they are awful to deal with since they offshored their contact centres, if thats anything to go by then, I wouldnt want to work there, but then again I work for Norwich union, & I am being made redundent, & they have offshored business to india also, so what can you do.