Anyone worked for HSBC call centre in town?

I worked in mortgage centre for seven years whilst studying etc.. and finally managed to leave 18mnths ago.

Leaving there was the best thing I ever ever did.

I would NEVER recommend my worst enemy to work there. All my friends I made there would say the same. The pay is not too bad but the bonuses are crap. The work is god awful (unless you are brain dead in which case its fine), and is only going to get worse as they are sending most work to India so all they will be left with is dealing with the mess ups India have made . The targets are unacheivable. The management are arrogant ignorant and condescending - I am 34 and don't really want to be treated like I am 30 years younger (wisdh I looked it tho!!). The worst thing was the way they would play staff off against each other - giving some more power than others even when they were the same grade and doing the same job. They never listened to your concerns - they just want braindead morons to sit and type info into a computer for them

rant rant rant!!

I fel much better now that have vented some of my seven years of frustration!!

Don;t work there - save yourself!!

Welcome to CALL CENTRE'S they are all the same!

All jobs come with bad aspects you deal with it or move on :loopy:

I worked at a NatWest call centre when I left University. I gave myself six months to get out of there or I was worried that I'd get stuck there for too long.

I got a new (much better, degree related) job after 5 months and 20 odd days and leaving NatWest was the best thing I could have done. Now there is a bank that really does treat their staff like crud.

The job was dull to the point that I could feel my brain cells topping themselves as they were forced to endure another day of it. Pay was awful, minimum wage and there were no bonuses. So the fact that you had a chance for bonus at HSBC is quite impressive!! And the managers? Don't get me started on them!

From what I've seen, call centres are not the place to be stimulated or challenged.

Iv'e just read about HSBC selling their HQ at Canada Square and renting it back. Sounds like they need to raise some money to pay off those County Court Judgements they have against them! ;)

Does anyone here know a "Gemma & Becky" that currently work in HSBC in Sheffield, there about 25yrs old and fit ? :o) .... we met them at the weekend on holiday, but forgot to ask for their number or contact details..... someone here should know them, maybe Coopsta1974 as u have been there a while ?

Come on .... pleeeeeease reply anyone, I need to find Gemma or Becky, love at first site, don't deprive me of happiness :o( .... booo hooo

Most people who work in call centers do not intend to stay there forever, as evidenced by the high turnover rate. Agents come and go as more desirable work comes along. But call centers can serve their purpose as short-term employment opportunities for recent college graduates, people in between jobs, and people who have recently relocated with a spouse or partner.

After working in a few call center environments, I wanted to put together a short guide for those who anticipate being tethered to a phone cord in order to pay their bills. Knowing a bit about call center employment before starting will help you survive the experience. You need to choose the right kind of atmosphere in order to have a bearable experience on the phones.

So it seems you don't know Gemma or Becky around 25, work for HSBC in Sheffield then Marry ? :o(

Did you get the job then?

My wife works there in mortgages, you'll find that all the work is now being sent out to India (as it's cheaper), but the majority of it gets sent back to the UK as they keep messing it up.

Just like every other company that tries to save money by shipping jobs abroad, customer quality goes down hill, so they end up going else where.

They never learn

This is a negative view of our offshored colleagues. Sureley you are misinformed?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I have an interview coming up for a job at the HSBC customer contact centre (behind the cathedral in the city centre). Wondered if anyone else has worked for them and what did you think of the company and the job?

i want to apply there u got their number?