Anyone going to the Footsey 2009 exhibition?

It's in my diary, though this is for social enterprises.

ps Have given this its own thread as it wasnt really relevant to the the other thread.

Edited by indizine

I was going to until I saw the price - £95 standard and £50 social enterprise.

A lot of people make a lot of money out of social enterprises in this region. Unfortunately it's not the social enterprises themselves making the money - it's the private companies and so called advisors.

Just had an email to say I have been given a free place as i'm a voluntary business mentor with one of the LEGI funded programmes. I'll definitely go along and see what's happening.

Just had an email to say I have been given a free place as i'm a voluntary business mentor with one of the LEGI funded programmes. I'll definitely go along and see what's happening.

alright for some!

alright for some!

Hmmm, compared to the £3k I'd have to pay to attend some of the top design conferences £95 isn't bad - and it's much cheaper than in previous years.

Indizine - I should be there (I work for the organisers and did the site and will be sorting some video for them this weekend). If you do end up going, let me know and we can have a chat.

Hi Chris, yeah be nice to say hello in person!

Hmmm, compared to the £3k I'd have to pay to attend some of the top design conferences £95 isn't bad - and it's much cheaper than in previous years.

I'm off to London tomorrow - free entry to the conference, pay only for seminars you want to attend, one of the industry's top events - all in all it's costing me £25 and that includes my travel.

Footsey just seems to be a glorified trade show that recycles the free business link seminars. As ever the ones making money are not the social enterprises.

what event is this?

Click on the link in the opening post and you will find out!

I didn't realise that it cost to attend. Some of our people will be there giving away popcorn.

Click on the link in the opening post and you will find out!

I didn't realise that it cost to attend. Some of our people will be there giving away popcorn.

I'll get me some of that, then.

I do find it amusing that people complain about having to pay to attend events like this. Why should social enteprises get everything for free - some of them make a lot of money.

I'll get me some of that, then.

I do find it amusing that people complain about having to pay to attend events like this. Why should social enteprises get everything for free - some of them make a lot of money.

Yes some social enterprises make a lot of money. But for what the event is - a trade show, a few talks and a buffet lunch - £90 is a lot of money.

I went to G8SY which was practically the same minus the trade show - mind numbingly boring and pointless - so glad I didn't have to pay for it as it was a free day.

I'm not saying social enterprises should have everything for free. But this event seems to be making everyone a lot of money except for the social enterprises.