Plusnet email problems

I've had Plusnet fibre broadband around 5 months. I always seem to have problems emailing photos. It says each file can't be more than 7mb and the ones I've tried to send are usually around 3-4mb each (usually 3 photos per email). Only occasionally does one actually arrive with the recipient, mostly it will say that it failed but even when it says sent successfully the attachment doesn't always get there. I had online chat with a Plusnet op who was not very knowledgeable and answered a lot of my questions with just 'No' or 'I'll ask someone'. He did say that they have an 'ongoing' problem with email. When I asked if I would get a reduction in my monthly cost, he said 'No because email is perk'. Has any other Plusnet users had this problem and, if so, how did you get around this? :huh:

What software are you using to send the emails? Do they show as 'sent' in the 'sent' folder? Have you tried sending the email to yourself so you can ascertain that it is an issue with your server and not the recipient's server?

I've no problems at all with PN email but I do not usually send photographs, particularly of that size. You should resize before attaching them to the message or send the pictures in separate emails. However, there is no need to send photographs by email at all. You can upload them to a free photo hosting site such as Imgur, Photobucket or similar and send the links to the folk who want to view them. If you put them in an album and give the username/password for it you don't even have to do that - the recipients can just log in at any time. Alternatively, use Dropbox and send them the public link.

Edited by Jomie

What file type are the photo's? try saving them in a different type eg jpg, before sending them

I've had Plusnet fibre broadband around 5 months. I always seem to have problems emailing photos. It says each file can't be more than 7mb and the ones I've tried to send are usually around 3-4mb each (usually 3 photos per email). Only occasionally does one actually arrive with the recipient, mostly it will say that it failed but even when it says sent successfully the attachment doesn't always get there. I had online chat with a Plusnet op who was not very knowledgeable and answered a lot of my questions with just 'No' or 'I'll ask someone'. He did say that they have an 'ongoing' problem with email. When I asked if I would get a reduction in my monthly cost, he said 'No because email is perk'. Has any other Plusnet users had this problem and, if so, how did you get around this? :huh:

Email usually has a limit on the maximum size of the message, including attachments. It sounds like Plusnet have theirs set at 7 MB. If you have photos at 3 MB per file and are sending three, then you are going over that.

I'd consider an alternative method such as Gmail (which has a higher email size limit) or sharing them via Google Drive or something.

I'd go with Jomie's solution - another account to use that is free is Box.

https://www.box.com/en-gb/pricing

Make sure you select the personal tab as it appears to open on Business tab.

It is free with 10 Gb storage space and a limit of 250 Mb uploads so you are well sorted. If you want to ensure privacy you can create a folder with a password - other than that just create a link and email that and the recipients can view/download/print or whatever else. ;)

Before you upload anything to image hosting sites or any 'cloud' storage sites you need to check that that you are not giving away your copyright.

Before you upload anything to image hosting sites or any 'cloud' storage sites you need to check that that you are not giving away your copyright.

Box isn't an image hosting site - you create folders then provide a link to download the images- it isn't Drop Box! ;):D