Volume control button on a Amazon Kindle

Can anyone help me please? I have a friend who has a Amazon Kindle and when I try to contact her to talk on Skype she cannot hear me I have tried to help her by telling her she needs to turn up the sound on the Kindle but she cannot find the volume control button so I need someone to tell me where the button is. My friend is living in Tenby and I'm in Sheffield so I cannot go round to her house to take a look also my friend is 90 years old and gets a bit confused.She has also said if she uses messenger everything works ok. Also I was going to download messenger can anyone tell me is there more than 1?

Any help is much appreciated. Alan p.

If I'm not mistaken there is a setting in Skype settings that allows you to increase the microphone volume so have a look and increase it at your end.

Small vid:

The volume button should be at the top (if holding it portrait). That is where it is on my Fire and I think its the same on all models. All the other ports/buttons are located at the top too.

Thanks to you both for getting back to me, apelike its the Kindle that needs the volume turning up not Skype. I will phone her and try to explain over the phone what she needs to do. Thanks again.alan p.

Thanks alchresearch,

Its just what I needed to be able to explain to my friend.alan p.:)