Modern Football .. Pah!

WHU have looked the better team in the first half!

Not what I was expecting,and unlike other games I've seen them play,have not been defensively minded in the least.

Good for once to watch BOTH teams trying to attack instead of just one.

not too keen on football in prem and so called top teams , really slow build up at times , Sheffield fc , Hallam fc and even sunday lge football are better games at times .

Has anyone had the misfortune of watching the Everton v WBA match?

2-0 down at HT Pulis and his team decide to DEFEND their 'result'.

11 players behind the halfway line at most times. Have a go!

As as i said before - there should be a rule where at least 2 players have to be in the other teams half at all times.

WBA are a very poor team - that is known - but at least press the opposition high up the pitch and make it a game worthy watching.

Watched the rugby yesterday 20 odd stone guys hitting each other like a train and they get up and get on with it,a footy player gets breathed on and rolls about in agony.

Watched the rugby yesterday 20 odd stone guys hitting each other like a train and they get up and get on with it,a footy player gets breathed on and rolls about in agony.

Don't see much eye gouging in football though.

Don't see much eye gouging in football though.

Watched the old firm game Saturday,that was fought with passion and can honestly say thoroughly enjoyed it.

On the other hand the 2 pens for the Manchester clubs yesterday!in my opinion if they had happened against the Manchester clubs they would not have been given.

Rashford should clearly be charged by the F.A for cheating.

That was a blatant con job on the penalty.

A two game ban should be automatic. It will serve as a deterrent to others.

So should Sane, he jumped into the Boro defender thus deceiving the referee into awarding a penalty.

I think it should be left alone this time as he's not the only one at it.

What should happen is in the run up to the start of the next season the FA should make it absolutely clear that such things WILL be dealt with retrospectively using the recorded tv footage if the referee doesn't deal/see it at the moment of it occurring.

Commentators kind keep a low profile of it,have said before if it had been Fer going down like Rashford he would not have got a penalty.

Talking of modern football just seen a statement from West Ham Payet got a million pound loyalty bonus payment,what's all that about.

I think if you're above the age of 20 and still rant, rave and love Football like you did as a child / teenager it's time to take a step back in life.

Not sure about 20 maybe 30 though :(

I'm 52 and enjoy watching a match to de-stress,to get away from the grind of life.

Do not follow any team,just enjoy watching a good game preferably between two relatively even teams.

Watching one of the big six play one of the other teams,I find pretty boring.

The last Euro Championships was particularly bad.

Iceland and a few others were simply not interested in playing attacking football.

Pulis,Mourinho and similar defensive managers have a lot to answer for.

Guardiola is a breath of fresh air. His player selections and defending from the front in numbers make Man.City games good to watch.