Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

HI SHARKY I CANNOT BELEIVE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE CENTRAL DANCE HALL THAT USE TO BE THE SKATING RINK i THINK IT WAS ON ZION LANE.

ALWAYS PACKED ON SATURDAY NITE WITH LADS AND LASSES FROM THE CLIFF, ALFRED RD WHERE I LIVED JONNY WHITE SANG THERE AS I REMEMBER AND MANY OTHER LIVE BANDS. HOPEFULLY MY THREAD JUST MITE JOG A FEW MEMORIES REPLY PLZ.......

Hi yatesace

I remember Charlie he lived in the same yard as my husband his name is Goddard and so did Mrs Yates. I think his brothers name was Billy, Dave lived at 182 Alfred rd until we married in 1965. He had a younger brother Stephen and other brother and three sisters

We have many happy memories of our younger days, and Charlie and Billy are among them when we go down memorie lane. Do you remember Florrie and Nudger Wild. plz reply.

HI SHARKY I CANNOT BELEIVE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE CENTRAL DANCE HALL THAT USE TO BE THE SKATING RINK i THINK IT WAS ON ZION LANE.

ALWAYS PACKED ON SATURDAY NITE WITH LADS AND LASSES FROM THE CLIFF, ALFRED RD WHERE I LIVED JONNY WHITE SANG THERE AS I REMEMBER AND MANY OTHER LIVE BANDS. HOPEFULLY MY THREAD JUST MITE JOG A FEW MEMORIES REPLY PLZ.......

what about the nocturns

sreaming lord sutch

frankinstein and the monsters

cadillacs

chick summers,certainly jogged my memory bossyboots.happy days.:thumbsup:

hi terryg..just caught up with your mail..yes it was johnny allsop..he was a good friend of mine..i used to stay with him in their house at night to keep him company.i always remember he had an airgun that he used to fire at a target in his front room..withthe little darts..he was a good and brave kid..

Hi bossyboots where was central dance hall I may be to young for it, born 55 but like to get an idea where it was.we used to go in broughton,enfield,bird in hand,or walk up to dog and partridge,un robin hood, +call in as many as we could on way home.:thumbsup:

Hi cliffsharky,

The central was where the skating rink was I think on Zion Lane near Peace Gardens. Maybe you are to young i was born in 45 but wots ten years, I can assure it was very popular in the sixties and I am realy surprised your'e the only reply I have had.

I suppose many are to old to care now and it's a shame, when it stayed open on unutil twelve thirty on New Years Eve it was like a nite club to me and my friends.

I lived when the down Alfred rd until 1968 when there was the house clearence, and now live in Ecclesfield and I have never known happiness

like I did in the sixties. keep in touch LGX

I first left Attercliffe in 61 and returned several times over the following few years to my mothers on Newhall Road. I can remember the roller skating rink on Zion Lane but can't recall ever seeing or hearing about it becoming The Central?....

I am curious now I must admit.

Hi Joan1, no one seems to remember the Central and we all had sucha good time bopping to the live groups. Screaming Lord Such, Dean Marshall and his deputies, a guy called Jonnie White would sing and many others. They were great times if it was open until twelve you were safe to walk home, unlike today.

I recently met up with an old friend and we had a laugh talking about the fun we had. We never bothered about the pubs , although our boyfriends at the time did.

I lived near Alfred Rd and married a lad from the same area, let me know which end of Newhall Rd you lived, we just might no one another.

Keep in touch LG..............

Hi Joan1, no one seems to remember the Central and we all had sucha good time bopping to the live groups. Screaming Lord Such, Dean Marshall and his deputies, a guy called Jonnie White would sing and many others. They were great times if it was open until twelve you were safe to walk home, unlike today.

I recently met up with an old friend and we had a laugh talking about the fun we had. We never bothered about the pubs , although our boyfriends at the time did.

I lived near Alfred Rd and married a lad from the same area, let me know which end of Newhall Rd you lived, we just might no one another.

hya linda your not on your own remembering central dance my husband used go there it was the old skating rink, he remembers the old mugs alley turning into a soft drinks bar, by the way he says how are you and your pat lol

Hi cliffsharky,

The central was where the skating rink was I think on Zion Lane near Peace Gardens. Maybe you are to young i was born in 45 but wots ten years, I can assure it was very popular in the sixties and I am realy surprised your'e the only reply I have had.

I suppose many are to old to care now and it's a shame, when it stayed open on unutil twelve thirty on New Years Eve it was like a nite club to me and my friends.

I lived when the down Alfred rd until 1968 when there was the house clearence, and now live in Ecclesfield and I have never known happiness

like I did in the sixties. keep in touch LGX

Hi bossy. my dad came from alfred rd area,went to newhall school,can`t ask him where long gone and all relatives,and I`m an Attercliffer,who`s ended up in Ecclesfield

hi cliffsharky..your dad went to newhal school...what was his name..i was there untill 1953..then unto the soft and barmy(army)

I lived at the top end, more less opposite the Snooker Hall.

My gran lived off Alfred Rd....Pelham/Paget Street so used to go down there quite a bit. Went to Maltby St school though.