Bloor Street Walkley

i lived at 31 bloor street during the sixties until the early 70,s

my family name is goodison does anyone remember us mick,steve,adrian.wendy or the marshalls albert fields glen johnson or the family at the bottom with the big archway entrance and a huge great dane named leo?

Dorothy Goodison rings a bell, I lived on Daniel Hill Street (LOY)

thats my mother she was a dinner lady at upperthorpe school.she and my dad tom used the blake hotel often,going back to when jim and eunice elliot kept it.also living in the street at that time was julian marshall and family they kept the shop at the bottom of the street and emigrated to oz.

did susan gamble live on your street steve ..?

yes don,t rember her myself but parents say so.i can rember a lady called gladys who used to go around saying yoohoo typhoo.

just to expand the discussion i used to be a paper boy for dennis and maureen on burgoyne rd bellopow them was tews veg shop sandersons chippie (the best in sheffield) and coggles seeet shop which was partly demolished by a lorry and they threw loads of sweets to the crowd of kids watching.dennis and maureen had a daughter who had an accident at the bottom of bloor street ,i think she thankfully recovered ,i metv dennis some years later at a motorway services on the way to london and we both recognised each other straight away.amazing i do so hope he and his wife and daughter are all ok

i lived on blake street early 60 ,but yes i do vagerly remember the lady, long time ago im afraid, susan was my sisters friend also called susan.dos your mom remember the little club on the next road up alan young was the name,,/

thats my mother she was a dinner lady at upperthorpe school.she and my dad tom used the blake hotel often,going back to when jim and eunice elliot kept it.also living in the street at that time was julian marshall and family they kept the shop at the bottom of the street and emigrated to oz.

Julian and the twins, Howard and Michelle,emigrated to Oz with their mother and father, Earnest and Margeret. Howard was in the Australian Navy, and Michelle became a vet.

The name of the family who owned the great dane was Willis Goddard.

jenny yes it was the liberal club opposite the bakery on harworth st.she remembers a bloke called channel island jim.dido you abviously knew them i know julian became a chef i met him some years later and i recall earnest was a taxi driver, any chance you could reveal your real monicca

I dont think you know me it is my wife who you will probably remember, I will give you a few clues just for the fun of it. Annie Haywood, Brenda and Dennis Marper, Florrie Beatson,and Ron Marshal were all part of her family.

Ron and Jean have both passed away, but Neville their oldest son lives about 200yds away from me, and Carl and Russell both live in Jersey.

Earnest was a taxi driver also he had a van which he did small removals. Did you know that he also had a pilots licience.

sorry dont remember any names i went out with alan young was he handsome or what..what about the little sweet shop .

used to watch all the choc bars being eaten by mice at night ugh..

we lived next door to the blake on blake street

then i got married and moved away..

dido you tease. nev was a couple of years older than me carl was my age russell was a few years younger.i remember annette marper who lived opposite the shop and had polio her husband i seem to remember delivered wine and drinks i recall going on a round with him one school holiday

dido you tease. nev was a couple of years older than me carl was my age russell was a few years younger.i remember annette marper who lived opposite the shop and had polio her husband i seem to remember delivered wine and drinks i recall going on a round with him one school holiday

Bingo.

It was Annette Dyson.

Going to the pub now , see you later