Peter Swan - any stories about him?

I remember Swanny making his comeback after his ban from football. He came out and saluted the four sides of the stadium to a standing ovation.extremely emotional, I saw full grown men in tears as the crowd sang "Swanee".This should give people some of the esteem that he was held in. I think Fulham were the opposition. Wednesday won 3-0 and were awarded a penalty which the players all wanted Swanny to take which he declined

Yes I was also at that match, very emotional indeed! UTO

I remember Swanny making his comeback after his ban from football. He came out and saluted the four sides of the stadium to a standing ovation.extremely emotional, I saw full grown men in tears as the crowd sang "Swanee".This should give people some of the esteem that he was held in. I think Fulham were the opposition. Wednesday won 3-0 and were awarded a penalty which the players all wanted Swanny to take which he declined

Yes it was Fulham and I was there too. Alan Mullery was Fulham's captain that day and he was the first to go and shake 'Swanny's' hand before the game started. Peter laid on a perfect pass for the Owl's first goal (Mick Prendergast I think.)