And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

Uwe Rösler is currently Fleetwood Town manager, and a decent season they're having on a limited budget too, (currently 6th)

He's doing OK,,but when he was asked to step up in class in the Championship,he was a failure,so he's back in his zone again.

On another note,Warnock might be available next season,he's told Vincent Tan to get some money spent on 4 class players for a promotion bid,or he's off.

Leicester City have parted with there Manager

Sad really, but I'm not sure how much choice they had - the entire team is struck down with "second season syndrome" apart from Kante and he's at Chelsea. Remember Grant Holt? Had a good season at Norwich and was touted for an England cap (did he get one?). Next year he's in the championship. Leicester have a squad full of players like that. Look at Vardy - I remember that goal he scored at Liverpool last season - he tried a training ground volley and it flew in - this season he's struggling to score at all. They look doomed.

Question is who comes in for Ranieri - my money would be on someone like Harry Redknapp.

Short 3 month stint to get them up the table.

Question is who comes in for Ranieri - my money would be on someone like Harry Redknapp.

Short 3 month stint to get them up the table.

maybe Warnock? :suspect:

Wrong table. :)

heh

well you know, he might like a shot at the big boys now :P

Jim;

as a life long Owls supporter I used to think like you do. But I have changed. Sheffield is the 4th largest city in England and the best we can do is the 2nd and 3rd divisions for so many years !! Nothing to crow about there. So long ago I can hardly remember when either team last won anything !

The Sheffield team comparisons against each other are not worth much, only comparisons against other English teams who reach the FA Cup finals, the top 4 in the division, or Europe.

United will be back in the Championship next season, and I think the Owls will have a tough time making the top three to get into the premiership. So hopefully the Championship battles will drive one (or the other) to finally get into the top tier and stay there !

Jim;

as a life long Owls supporter I used to think like you do. But I have changed. Sheffield is the 4th largest city in England and the best we can do is the 2nd and 3rd divisions for so many years !! Nothing to crow about there. So long ago I can hardly remember when either team last won anything !

The Sheffield team comparisons against each other are not worth much, only comparisons against other English teams who reach the FA Cup finals, the top 4 in the division, or Europe.

United will be back in the Championship next season, and I think the Owls will have a tough time making the top three to get into the premiership. So hopefully the Championship battles will drive one (or the other) to finally get into the top tier and stay there !

Point taken but what else have we got? Whenever either of the city clubs had a decent manager they've left for clubs with more ambition. Joe Mercer, Harry Catterick and Howard Wilkinson being the stand outs all going on to win the league.

A few points that come to mind;

1) do the teams, Owls or Blades, or the city have the drive and strength to get to the top division and stay there ? As a city Sheffield can easily muster 50,000 + fans to see the games, but fans don't want to watch second tier football permanently

2) can either or both clubs raise the funds to buy top tier players ?

3) like you say can we get the top coaches to come to Sheffield ?

I have been so disappointed in the performance of both teams. I am now reduced to thinking that I just want to see someone with the Sheffield name get into the first division, or getting to the cup final, or god forbid, getting to Europe !

I have a feeling though things will change for the better for Sheffield in the next 5-10 years. I think we have always been thought of as a sleepy city, not too concerned with creating waves or keeping up with the Joneses.

But now I see reports of Rolls Royce, Boeing and Maclaren Racing cars, setting up facilities in Sheffield. And then the talk about the Chinese spending $1B on real estate and new infrastructure in the city. They all see Sheffield's potential and their arrival will send a message to other high Tech companies.

This should spill over onto the sports fields and change expectations. I hope to see a Sheffield team in the Premiership in the next 3-5 years to stay there permanently