Perverse police officer keeps his job & rank !!

How low will south yorkshire police sink , when they allow a officer found guilty of making lewd comments to a female collegue , keep his job.

The officer holds the rank of Sergeant.

Other collegues may have to call him Sir , whilst knowing he is basically a perv.

Bet the masons are involved !!

Guest busdriver1

bet theres loads of stuff about this we dont know but lets not let stop us eh?

Lewd comments while unpleasant are clearly not, and quite rightly, a sackable offence.

He is not basically a 'perv'. His language was ill chosen. I don't imagine he intended to insult the woman but rather pay her a compliment. However, what may have been acceptable in previous decades has become a no go area due to the pc world that pcs now live in.

The assertion that the masons are involved is fatuous nonsense.

Cut the guy a little slack. He made a verbal mistake.

Move on.

bet theres loads of stuff about this we dont know but lets not let stop us eh?

Thats a fair point , we tend to hear only what people want us to, but what i read was disgusting behaviour , and whilst he has been allowed to keep his job, he seems to have received no punishment , am i really meant to respect this man , a man on public service and rank ?

---------- Post added 20-01-2017 at 20:21 ----------

Lewd comments while unpleasant are clearly not, and quite rightly, a sackable offence.

He is not basically a 'perv'. His language was ill chosen. I don't imagine he intended to insult the woman but rather pay her a compliment. However, what may have been acceptable in previous decades has become a no go area due to the pc world that pcs now live in.

The assertion that the masons are involved is fatuous nonsense.

Cut the guy a little slack. He made a verbal mistake.

Move on.

No its not nonsense , i said i "bet" , i bet brighton win tonight, they might not.

Cut the guy some slack, he is a sergeant , 21 years of service , should be a role model to young collegues, get a grip.

Made a verbal mistake, nobody is going to make a complaint against a long serving officer over one silly comment......MOVE ON.

---------- Post added 20-01-2017 at 20:29 ----------

Further more, owethemnowt , why should lewd comments not be a sackable offence, I ,you and everyone else in the workplace has a right to peace, happiness and comfort in the work eviorement.

It's difficult to see him asking her if she was wearing black thong underwear as him merely paying her a compliment.

If this was America, he'd run for President.

If this was America, he'd run for President.

If it was America he'd win!

How low will south yorkshire police sink , when they allow a officer found guilty of making lewd comments to a female collegue , keep his job.

The officer holds the rank of Sergeant.

Other collegues may have to call him Sir , whilst knowing he is basically a perv.

Bet the masons are involved !!

Oh dear, been on the wrong side of the law at some point have you?

I'm not saying that what he said was right, but for you to start a thread about something you know nothing about, apart from what you read, is a little doltish.

Edited by verona

Maybe the OP could provide a link to this occurrence so that readers can make their own minds up.

I often comment that what is now deemed unacceptable behaviour in the work place was in fact a common occurrence many years ago.

I worked for years in a male dominated environment with the odd ladies around who were on many occasions subjected to various comments and felt the dirty hands of colleagues.

Nothing ever came of it and neither did the name calling by one or many blokes to others.

Calling blokes gay ------ fat -------- ugly ------- was accepted and replies were equally as vicious.

Looking back I smile about it all, but working life and situations were different and I wouldn't want to return to such behaviour !