Comfortable Cafe

Any suggestions for somewhere for a decent sandwich at lunchtime not too far from the Crucible? I'm taking my 90 year old mum to the theatre and would like somewhere comfy where you don't feel crammed in next to the other customers. Mum likes Andrews on Chapel Walk but it's makes me feel claustrophobic!

Thanks

Guest makapaka

Ruskins directly opposite

Nova Hotel, spacious and relaxing, sit near the window and watch the world go by .

Nova Hotel, spacious and relaxing, sit near the window and watch the world go by .

OP, for info, jaffa1 meant Novotel.

Thanks for the suggestions, I like Marmadukes but it's a bit cramped.

The Crucible?

No disrespect intended, but it sounds like quite familiar with the places around the Crucible already. Depending on when you're planning to go, I'd expect a lot of places could be busy with theatre-goers or weekend shoppers.

Crucible Corner (formerly Ruskins) would have been my suggestion if it's not too busy.

Marmadukes is very pricey and small if your wanting somewhere with plenty of room.

The service at Marmadukes isn't very good, walked out last time we went got fed up waiting to be served, also not much room a bit stuffy.