Noisy pipes after flushing toilet?

when i flush my loo, after the tank has filled up again....the pipes make a dreadfull sound,, shaking and banging.. this goes from the toilet down to the mains pipe under the cellar. I have already tried turning down the flow on the main water pipe but it doesnt make any difference, and if i turn anymore, then the water is gonna just trickle out of the taps....

Any ideas??:loopy:

when i flush my loo, after the tank has filled up again....the pipes make a dreadfull sound,, shaking and banging.. this goes from the toilet down to the mains pipe under the cellar. I have already tried turning down the flow on the main water pipe but it doesnt make any difference, and if i turn anymore, then the water is gonna just trickle out of the taps....

Any ideas??:loopy:

Its the ball tap that is boucing when it comes to shut off, or its the washer on one of the cold household taps or stop tap. Send for a plumber!:D

Could be something called "water hammer". A plummer will sort it. We stoped ours by gettin a plumber to replace the normal ballcock type arrangement in the systern with a "flomaster". They sell them in wicks and B&Q type places

Yep! It looks like you have "Bouncing Ballcock Syndrome" (Nasty!) :hihi:

Replace with a "Fluidmaster", cheapest I think at Homebase-easy to fit and you can see videos of job on internet. It is best to keep your stoptap fully open or your household cold water system may not flow as it should; open tap up to max. and then back off a bit to prevent future jamming.

replacement of the balltap would be the best option also the pipes need to be clipped to the wall this stops any water hammer. easy and cheap job i would charge aroung £30

glad to help :)

adamcazzy123@hotmail.co.uk