Barcelona- van ploughs into crowd

Was there violence from both sides ?

We demand answers.

??????????????

I was listening to Radio 4 yesterday- whilst I was driving to London. I recall a contributor to the programme saying that, " acts of terrorism are a generational thing . And likely to be a feature in society for the next 30 years". What a depressing thought.

Sick beyond words. I totally agree with Medusa when she says How can one continue to be shocked but no longer be surprised? I almost feel ashamed that my emotions are starting to get dulled to things like this its starting to happen so frequently.

You are not alone,i stopped getting emotional about it after the last two attacks.There is nothing we can do about it so i suppose we have to just get used to it.I am no longer shocked or surprised anymore.Its sad but true.

---------- Post added 17-08-2017 at 21:46 ----------

Was there violence from both sides ?

We demand answers.

Please go away,not the time for political point scoring.Pathetic.

I was listening to Radio 4 yesterday- whilst I was driving to London. I recall a contributor to the programme saying that, " acts of terrorism are a generational thing . And likely to be a feature in society for the next 30 years". What a depressing thought.

Without disrespecting those affected by today's terrible actions, hasn't terrorism in some form always been a feature in society.

Yes, no doubt today's acts are much more broadcast, talked about, analysied with ever increasing reactionary opinion from all and sundary.

BUT, history has shown just as shocking and devistating acts over decades going back to when time began.

Without disrespecting those affected by today's terrible actions, hasn't terrorism in some form always been a feature in society.

Yes, no doubt today's acts are much more broadcast, talked about, analysied with ever increasing reactionary opinion from all and sundary.

BUT, history has shown just as shocking and devistating acts over decades going back to when time began.

Probably not as regularly and as soft targets as whats happening now.

Cue more handwringing followed by inaction.

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put anti ram bollards at set distances on populous pedestrianised areas.

Yes, and at football stadiums as there are hundreds of people entering and exiting

Probably not as regularly and as soft targets as whats happening now.

Nah, it's always been a problem, but since it only used to happen to poor overseas folk in poor overseas countries, only the Lefties actually gave a damn.

Now it's happening here, and the right-whingers have finally started taking notice.

Pointless off-topic posts removed.

I know this happened in another country, but people have died. Have a bit of respect.

Pointless off-topic posts removed.

I know this happened in another country, but people have died. Have a bit of respect.

I'm sorry Mods for getting off topic, but I did say that my thoughts are with all who are affected by this horrible event

Wonder which 'Foreign Policy' Spain employed to deserve this ?

Spain has around 2 million Muslims and over half do not have citizenship so I am not suprised,people come to Spain from all over the world to enjoy themselves and Isis see this as a target against the west.