Advice on what to do with sheared screw on radiator

Just looking for aome advice on how to bleed my radiator with a sheared screw that u need to undo to bleed. the screwdriver just slips out no matter what size or type i use

Can you get a grip on it with some pliers or mole-grips?

Afraid not there is hardly owt to get a grip on.

Srewdriver? is it not (or was it not) square as most rads are to which you use a rad bleed key on?

If it has sheared can you undo the plug that the bleed screw is in a little to let the air out?

Cheapest permanent way is to pop to your local diy and get a new plug c/w bleed screw and replace it (a small prayer may be called for that the isolation valves work).

i.e. http://www.screwfix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-chrome/40972

just for an example .

You will want to catch any water coming out as it will be very black and very staining.

Post a picture, every problem has a solution

A well placed tap with a hammer can loosen a tight bleed screw.

Get a small electritiions screw driver put it on head of screw and tap down as if unscrewing it . You may have to flaten head a bit to get a start , Tap gently till you see it move

You could flatten head with a nail punch and then bang screw driver straight at it till it grips and allows you to unscrew You could drill in centre to help get a screw driver to hold grip

Edited by spider1