Owls-Do you want United to get up with us?

Just wondering what the consensus is amongst Wednesday fans on this issue.

Personally I’m torn between my sense of justice which feels they deserve to go up with 90 points, and something someone said on here yesterday that it would be quite nice to have them in a league below us for at least a season.

On balance I’ll go for the former, the rivalry has been good for the city and you should expect to get promoted with 90 points.

However, I will enjoy sitting back and watching them try to do it!!!!!

Guest makapaka
Just wondering what the consensus is amongst Wednesday fans on this issue.

Personally I’m torn between my sense of justice which feels they deserve to go up with 90 points, and something someone said on here yesterday that it would be quite nice to have them in a league below us for at least a season.

On balance I’ll go for the former, the rivalry has been good for the city and you should expect to get promoted with 90 points.

However, I will enjoy sitting back and watching them try to do it!!!!!

I would imagine most wednesday fans dont really care now wednesday are promoted.

If united stay down there's a chance to gloat, if they go up there's the opportunity for the derbies etc.

im either way

itd be good for the derbies but itll also be good to see them suffer another year as we did :P

Have to agree regarding the points tally that they deserve it, I would also like to see em promoted for the sake of the genuine supporters [ and that includes a good few on here ] but i honestly dont think they will.

Let them have another season down there the same as Wednesday had to. I don't remember too many Unitedites wanting Wednesday to join them when they were in a higher division.

In one way justice should be that they go up with us after a good season and getting 90pts.

The truth is i don't like em a right lot so no i don't want them up, now relegated in 12 months...that's better! :D

As for the derby games, they're bloody awful unless your team wins, wouldn't miss them either.

Got to say, for me, i think it has been with both teams being so close in the same league that has really made this season so exciting from start to finish, where else in the country do you get this kind of rivalry between 2 teams that are outside of the top tier of football, and also the friendly banter (but not the snipers, its those that have spoiled it sometimes on here) that has gone on. Must admit, after seeing how the owls fared in this league last season, i wasn't optimistic of our chances and if you had told me we were going to make the play-offs i would have thought you were barmy, but here we are. So if the boot had been on the other foot, i would have been shouting for the owls in the play-offs (i promised my 2 daughters who are owls fans :hihi::hihi:) and hoping we could carry on all the rivalry....

I'd like to see them promoted. This season has been great and whilst games against Leeds, Barnsley are great, there's nothing like a Sheffield derby for a Sheffield football fan. My first ever derby was Boxing Day with my dad and the ups and downs are pre and post match banter are what watching football is all about!

I don't think they will do it personally - maybe the loss of Evans and losing 2nd spot will be too much to overturn psychologically, but good luck to them if they do - with 90 points you can't say it wouldn't be deserved.

Longy, please explain why your daughters are owls.obviously im glad they are but just wondering how that happens when there dad hasent yet seen the light.

In one way justice should be that they go up with us after a good season and getting 90pts.

The truth is i don't like em a right lot so no i don't want them up, now relegated in 12 months...that's better! :D

As for the derby games, they're bloody awful unless your team wins, wouldn't miss them either.

justice ???? we failed end of ! 90 points not good enough ,now its down to another 3games which we will probably fail in 2 !

I said on another thread that it kind of depends on who you are talking too.

I know plenty of decent blades, and for them I'd like to see them promoted.

Similarly, I know a good few obnoxious ones, and for them I'd love to see them stay down.

The same applies to some of the posters on here. There's a lot who gloated when united have finished higher than us, when we got relegated a few years back, and when we failed to get anywhere near promotion last year. there are also those that have tried to belittle us for spending two seasons in league 1, even suggesting a few games ago that we were certain to be spending a third when united would be out in one season.

For those I'd love to see them miss out.

I guess it's just a reflection of who you are dealing with.

On the whole though, I'd like to say I would just to enjoy the derby's - but (even though we have had bragging right of late) they are awful experiences.

Longy, please explain why your daughters are owls.obviously im glad they are but just wondering how that happens when there dad hasent yet seen the light.

Lol, i have 3 daughters, the 11 yo and the 7 yo are owls fans along with their mum, but my 8 yo is a bit of a daddies girl and followed into the LIGHT side with me, it also helps that the owls ones have best friends who support the owls too, any clearer?????:hihi::hihi: