Outstanding Food The Nags Head Loxley/Bradfield!

I have just returned from what I can honestly say was the best pub lunch I have ever had. I must admit I have been fancying a decent pub lunch for ages and been let down every time I've tried (most recently by The Old Horns at Bradfield that was badly cooked frozen junk). Anyway I have just been with my OH and parents to The Nags Head at Loxley and come away extremely impressed. Standard pub fare like Mixed Grill, Lasagne etc but all home cooked. No frozen Windsor Foods junk. I had a mixed grill which was all fresh meat and even the chips and onion rings were home made, the onion rings being so tasty by the way. My OH had lasagne, tasted really good and my parents had Ham and Chips and again it was home made chips and really nice ham. I also had my first sample of Our Cow Molly for dessert (Mint Choc Chip) which I have to say was literally mint. So Nice! Anyway gushing over I just had to recommend because its so long since I actually went to a pub and got a proper in house cooked affair that was genuinely nice. I shall be back.....

Edited by Smack Jack
spelling

Try the pie next time, delish whatever the variety

You forgot to mention the superb Bradfield Brewery cask ales.

How long have you been working there or known the owners for?

The last time I was there I had rabbit pie, it was fantastic. It's a great place to have some cracking grub and beer after a walk around Damflask.

:hihi::hihi:

What are you suggesting, that I'm some sort of Bradfield 'plant'

I've been drinking there, usually in the summer, for over 25 years. It's a pleasant 5 mile return walk from my house, hence the summer visits.

Since Bradfield took it over, the beer has improved no end. Hardly surprising when it's gone from 1 cask ale that was Kimberley to 6 cask ales as a 'brewery tap'. I now regularly have a walk out there at all times of the year, the last time being Boxing Day afternoon.

The food has been hit and miss since I've been going in. Since Bradfield Brewery took the pub the food has always been superb.

Seconded!

Both the Nags and The Plough in Bradfield are owned by the BB people and both do the awesome pies (with Hendo's available as standard). I've heard very good things about their curries as well but can never resist ordering pie, even if it's only the small portion!

to be honest i think the op lost a lot of people when he said "most recently by The Old Horns at Bradfield that was badly cooked frozen junk"

anyone who goes in the old horns expects not just good food but great food, and ive NEVER been dissapointed, and i suspect many people know the reputation and have tried it for themselves and have been impressed too

The Horns is junk. Its freezer food cooked by teenagers but that wasnt really my point nor do I want to slate it - I enjoyed the view there and the service was good. I dont know or work for anyone at the Nags Head and am in fact in the Motor Trade. I didnt like the horns food much. Opinion aside it is undisputedly freezer fare in there and maybe I caught an off day but I didnt think it was good. The Nags was home cooked food of a high quality. May not be to everyones taste that but to me thats what I want from a pub lunch

Oh and I love Braddy Beer its great - its everywhere now though so I didnt think it was worth a special mention esp. since I just had a coke:). An that Molly Ice Cream is class

Old Horns pub grub was fantastic the last time i went,but i will now give the Nags a try,next time up up that end again. Thanks for the heads up on this one.:thumbsup:

Old Horns pub grub was fantastic the last time i went,but i will now give the Nags a try,next time up up that end again. Thanks for the heads up on this one.:thumbsup:

You won't be disappointed Mr Pops, the food there is spot on. I've never had a meal at the Old Horns even though I like the place, it always reminds of the Slaughtered Lamb in the American Warewolf in London, I always expect a Brian Glover look alike to pop up and tell the Alamo joke.