Families from Newhall Road

Does anyone remember who lived on Newhall Road in Sheffield and where they lived - My family came from here and any stories about the place or people would be of great help.

Thanks For Your Help!

James

My husbands family lived on Newhall Rd, sorry dont know which number. Name - Birt. I know he mentions Mrs Persils fish and chips shop and his dad worked at Hadfields and walked to work from there.

i lived at 228

Ahh Haa :wave: I lived at 230............I was born at 221 though, next to newsagents as it was then.

I remember a little shop near the junction with Brightside Lane where you could buy a little glass of pop (dandelion and burdock was my favourite) for 1d or a bigger glass for sixpence. That was in the mid 1960s. My grandparents lived on Clay Street

Edited by chimay

Does anyone remember who lived on Newhall Road in Sheffield and where they lived - My family came from here and any stories about the place or people would be of great help.

Thanks For Your Help!

James

I wonder if it would be easier if you were to give us a couple of names and then rather than us say where WE were, we could say whether we knew of them or not.....It was quite a long road when I was there. For instance I was at the top end...nearer to Attercliffe Rd and the place where chimay is talking about was at the bottom, Brightside. Just a thought mind..........

Hi all, I was brought up in the 50s on Newhall Road. We lived at number 77,a couple of names I remember are John Elmore, and Angela Guite(not sure about the spelling) she lived just a bit further down the road towards Brightside lane I think, and she moved from the cliffe towards the end of the 50s to St Josephs Road, Handsworth.Anyone out there know of the whereabouts of these, or anyone else Imay have known. Thanks

Sorry i do not know any history regarding NEWHALL RD,except that my brother JIMMY was born above the pool hall(close to BROMPTON RD-I BELIEVE) IN 1935,was brought up on the shiregreen,and has lived in CHAPLETOWN for most of his life.Like many others, iv'e been up and down the road hundreds of times.Lots of the trips were to and from ATTERCIFFE BATHS,the roller rink above WEBSTERS furniture shop,my uncle ALF OLIVERS butcher's shop at the bottom of STANIFORTH RD,and my first girlfriends house ,on PHILLIMORE RD.happy days.eightlegger.

My gran worked at the Attercliffe Baths in the 1960's.

MY GRANDPARENTS LIVED ON nEWHALL RD NAME OF lOWE ALSO OTHER RELATIVES NAMED sHAKESHAFT

tHE sHAKESHAFTS LIVED ON nEWHALL RD, ALSO FOR 100 YRS AT bRIGHTSIDE

ALSO MY gT.gT gRANDPARENTS zANELLIS:rant:

tHE sHAKESHAFTS LIVED ON nEWHALL RD, ALSO FOR 100 YRS AT bRIGHTSIDE

ALSO MY gT.gT gRANDPARENTS zANELLIS:rant:

Take your caps lock off.