Herries Road Bus Depot

Anybody who worked at Herries Road bus garage up to closure in 1994

Hi John65, i worked at Herries Garage after moving from Arundel Gate Offices to Herries Road Offices from 1987 to 1989 then later moved to Fleetrisk. Where did you work?

I worked at Herries as a driver from 1974 to when it closed in 1994 Do you know we are having a re-union on the 18th of october? it`s at the old hillsboro working mens club on Bradfield Road Hope to see you there

I never worked at Herries Rd for the bus company but I did work there for a time when we re-wired it in the eighties ????. I had cousins who did work out of there (Whithams) and got to know quite a few of the mechanics etc, and a superindendant ???? called Brian ??? who I met last year ??? out at the Derwent Dam, and to his credit he remembered me straight away. I have worked in many places both near and far away but always look back on Herries Rd with fond memories and many many laughs.

I do remember the Whithams and I`m sure if they know about it they will be at the re-union on the 18th of october you will be most welcome yourself John 65

I drove the Eager Beavers there in 1989/90 before joining Sheffield Omnibus.

Had about 10 years driving buses and did a bit for Megabus in Barnsley aswell.

The superiintent called Brian. could have been Brian simmonite if it was on the engineering side. Worked there off and on from 59/86

My dad was in the time office for a period at Herries, John (Jack) Downing.

I did the odd stint there as electrician. Used to get about £3 day a extra for working away from base. Don't remember much more tbh.

I only worked Herries routes for suet (overtime) , though I met many Herries drivers in Bridge Street. The only one I remember now was Big John who was built like a brick built outhouse. I remember him in the hut saying "I never get trouble on my bus", we all smiled, who the heck would take him on.

I only worked Herries routes for suet (overtime) , though I met many Herries drivers in Bridge Street. The only one I remember now was Big John who was built like a brick built outhouse. I remember him in the hut saying "I never get trouble on my bus", we all smiled, who the heck would take him on.

I think I might know who you are talking about. If it's the same person, he used to drink in the Dev on Herries road, literally hands like shovels. He passed away a few years back. A lovely man

I think I might know who you are talking about. If it's the same person, he used to drink in the Dev on Herries road, literally hands like shovels. He passed away a few years back. A lovely man

Could be the same man, easy going man, but perhaps as well because he was big and strong and really did not understand why he had no problems on his bus, we all knew why, even the nutters would not take him on.