Anyone used to Live in Hinde House Lane ?

Born and brought up there and lived there from 1957 until 1978. My parents continued to live there for about another 20 years until they moved out of the area

Born and brought up there and lived there from 1957 until 1978. My parents continued to live there for about another 20 years until they moved out of the area

I lived at 97 Hinde House Lane from being born in 1944 until 1968 when I got married & moved to Maple Croft Rd. Where did you live on Hinde House Lane?

We lived at 142 nearly opposite to the alleyway that went down the hill through the park. My parents moved there in the early 1950s before i was born. I lived there from 1957 until i left for University in 1975. I have fond memories of the people, the park, Wincobank hill and my many school friends who lived in the pre fabs at the back until they were knocked down in the early 1970s

I had relatives living in the first ginnel you came too on the left hand side going up after the corner of Page Hall Rd and Hinde, they lived in the two top houses on the right side of the ginnel. I think Skinner's lived on the other side. The names of my relatives 'Chamberlain' and 'Bucklow' and this would be in the period close to the end of the second world war upto approx. 1960

Edited by fleetwood

I was brought up here as a child in the 1960s and 1970s leaving for Norfolk in 1978. My parents moved out of the area about 1990. It was a lovely area opposite the park but I gather it has changed dramatically. In the 1970s my parents could have sold the house and got a very substantial property in Norfolk. I see the houses are valued at about £80 000 now and the cheapest houses in Norwich are twice that now. It is strange and sad that certain areas can change so much so quickly