Grimesthorpe School 1960s

I have just registered on this site. I have lived in Norfolk since the late 1970s but had many happy days at Grimesthorpe Middle school in the mid 1960s. My year was the last to take the 11 plus and i left in 1968 to go the the then Firth Park Grammar school. Anyone on here who went to Grimesthorpe in those nostalgic far off days ?

Hi I think I was at Grimesthorpe in the year above you. I knew it as Grimesthorpe Junior school on Earl Marshall Road.

I have just registered on this site. I have lived in Norfolk since the late 1970s but had many happy days at Grimesthorpe Middle school in the mid 1960s. My year was the last to take the 11 plus and i left in 1968 to go the the then Firth Park Grammar school. Anyone on here who went to Grimesthorpe in those nostalgic far off days ?

When was it Grimesthorpe 'Middle' School ?

When the school re-located, it became Whiteways Middle School on Whiteways Road

To clarify the confusion I started at owler lane infant the we were moved to grimesthorpe when about 7

I remember Mrs Hawksworth was head at Owler Lane Infants and Mr Gathercole head at Grimesthorpe.

To clarify the confusion I started at owler lane infant the we were moved to grimesthorpe when about 7

'To clarify the confusion' ? Which school, the one opposite Grimesthorpe W.M. Club ?

The grimesthorpe I am talking about was the old Victorian building with the boys and girls playgrounds not far from an old quary where we used to have rock fights on the way home. I do remember the name gathercole as the head and a blond teacher mrs bizant or similar as well as a mrs Parrott at owler lane. The old boy who was the lollipop man was nice

The grimesthorpe I am talking about was the old Victorian building with the boys and girls playgrounds not far from an old quary where we used to have rock fights on the way home. I do remember the name gathercole as the head and a blond teacher mrs bizant or similar as well as a mrs Parrott at owler lane. The old boy who was the lollipop man was nice

'On the way home', do you mean behind the school towards the 'Margate' pre-fabs ? The real quarry was behind Botham Street (Ruthin Street and the 'Who Can Tell').

I used to have a long walk home as i lived on hinde house lane, so i headed from the school down towards owler lane

Mr Gathercole was replaced by Mr Askham who went on to be head at Whiteways Junior/Middle School. Mrs Perrett was still at Owler Lane Infants when my daughter started there in 1986. It was called Owler Brook then but the same building.

Amazing that mrs perrett was still at owler lane in 1986 I had started there in about 1963! I remember once turning up to one of her classes with my little dog that was it no work done for the day as all the kids played with the dog