Royal oak chapeltown?

Anyone know whats happening with it? Ive Never been in but love the building and know its been there a hell of a long time. It has fences around it now, hope its not going to be demolished. Cant find anything on the council planning portal??

I think its a grade 2 listed building, so hopefully wont be demolished.

its a sign of the times im afraid, once Wetherspoons opened up on the roundabout, it was the beggining of the end.

I think its a grade 2 listed building, so hopefully wont be demolished.

its a sign of the times im afraid, once Wetherspoons opened up on the roundabout, it was the beggining of the end.

You said Wetherspoons on the roundabout, is that where the Wagon and Horses was or on the other side? Or have they taken over the W and H?

They have taken over the W & Horses.

Thanks, not been drinking down Chap for many years. Wetherspoons are really big now right. My nephew was assistant manager at one of their Chesterfield pubs. He is now Landlord of the Royal Oak in the Shambles, Chesterfield town centre, so I suppose they trained him good.

Been past the Royal Oak today and they are working on it so keep your eyes open and see what happens next.