Older Generation - Remember this pub ?

Does any of you older people remember a little public house tucked between the Classic Cinema and Wigfalls that use to be in Fitzalan Square during the 1950's - 1960's.

If so, what was its name ?

Does any of you older people remember a little public house tucked between the Classic Cinema and Wigfalls that use to be in Fitzalan Square during the 1950's - 1960's.

If so, what was its name ?

John, that would be 'The Bell' -a Tetley's pub -and I think it went on for a few years after the '60s.

Edited by stpetre
Edit

John, that would be 'The Bell' -a Tetley's pub -and I think it went on for a few years after the '60s.

Don't know when it closed, but remember one night in particular in that pub My 18th birthday was March 30th 1963 and I was on a pub crawl with some mates and the Bell had a big weighing machine between the toilets. I clocked in at 18 stone on my 18th birthday lol. By the time I was 20 I was 12 stone and have been thereabouts ever since That same day Ayala won the Grand National at 66-1 and one of my mates had a bob each way on it, so we were well and truly bladdered:D

Guest makapaka

The buildings still there - think it's a bookies or an amusement arcade now

This is another picture of the Fitzalan Sq you can see the tall building

on the right where the bell pub was, i think its a loan shop now.

Little pub? It's was quite large on three floors and it's still there.