Mirfins decorators, sheffield

Does anyone remember MURFINS PAINTERS AND DECORATORS ?

Lol Murfin owned it initialy, and then Richard, his son took it over, when his Dad died.I think they were on Spooner Road, but not certain.

I heard that Richard has died as well, so sad about that, if its true.

Does anyone remember MURFINS PAINTERS AND DECORATORS ?

Lol Murfin owned it initialy, and then Richard, his son took it over, when his Dad died.I think they were on Spooner Road, but not certain.

I heard that Richard has died as well, so sad about that, if its true.

I worked at Gazzard in the early 60s,we had a guy whose name I always felt was Murphy.

I knew his family had a decorating business and the person I thought was Murphy had a falling out with the family

Perhaps it was Murfin and not Murphy

It was Murfins, for sure, I dated Richard Mirfin for a while, he had auburn hair, and he never worked for Gazzards.

He always worked for his Dad,in the family business.

It was Murfins, for sure, I dated Richard Mirfin for a while, he had auburn hair, and he never worked for Gazzards.

He always worked for his Dad,in the family business.

Mirfins was on Spooner Road, I was engaged to Richard in my teens, he worked for father most of the time I knew him. If he has passed away it is very sad as he would only be in his early to middle 70s now, I have a feeling that he did have a fall out with his dad about this time but went back to work with his dad, I can't remember who he went to work for

Edited by sheilawragg1

Slightly off the subject but who were the biggest painting and decorating firms around the '60s, ''70s ?

Mirfins was on Spooner Road, I was engaged to Richard in my teens, he worked for father most of the time I knew him. If he has passed away it is very sad as he would only be in his early to middle 70s now, I have a feeling that he did have a fall out with his dad about this time but went back to work with his dad, I can't remember who he went to work for

The character I was talking about would have been in his 40s in 63-64 so I guess no connection with this Mirfin

I was sad to hear that Richard Mirfin had died, if this is true could someone please confirm this

my father in law worked for Gazzards