The old houses off Penistone rd

hi can someone tell me how to start a new thread.

thank you

Go to home page, Pick which thread you want to post on

ie Sheffield History & Expats.

" Post New Thread" will come up on the top left hand corner of the page

Lazy Herbert - I'm one of the Ashton clan from Brough Street. We used to live at No 30. My grandparents were Tommy and Sheila Ashton.

My brother used to go to the pub ,with Tommy

Hi - Kathleen Goddard is my Mum. Now Kathleen Jackson and lives in Nottingham. My Grandma and Grandad were Edna & Fred Goddard. They had two other children - Alan and Jean (my uncle and aunt). We've heard loads of stories from my Mum of growing up on Brough St - shame it's not there to see it now.

---------- Post added 26-09-2016 at 23:53 ----------

i lived in brough street and used to play with kathleen godderd her sister got killed on penistone road on her way to school but she was called beryl

Hi - Kathleen Goddard is my Mum. Now Kathleen Jackson and lives in Nottingham. My Grandma and Grandad were Edna & Fred Goddard. They had two other children - Alan and Jean (my uncle and aunt). We've heard loads of stories from my Mum of growing up on Brough St - shame it's not there to see it now.

---------- Post added 26-09-2016 at 23:07 ----------

i lived in brough street and used to play with kathleen godderd her sister got killed on penistone road on her way to school but she was called beryl

Yes, Kathleen Goddard is my Mum and she used to live in Brough St. It was her sister, Beryl, that got killed by a bus. Very sad - the aunt I never knew. Mum now lives in Nottingham - she married John Jackson (also from Sheffield) and had 3 boys - me (now 41) David (38) and Steven (34).

Wonder if anyone knew my cousin June Bidwell, she lived on Anlaby street, had a brother Harold (Biddy). Its a long time ago since I lost touch with her, about 60 years. We are both in our seventiesnow and I often think about her. Would be lovely to catch up with her. Don,t know if she married or her married name.

Hi all,

I am looking for someone who may have lived on penistone rd during the late 1960s and 70s. I have a picture of the person taken around that time and wondered if anyone of you recognised her. If so please could you let me know.

the link of the picture http://imgur.com/a/Cp4og

Thank you for your time in advance

---------- Post added 21-10-2016 at 23:26 ----------

Hi,

Did anyone know anyone that lived on penistone rd by the name of Abdul Wahab Saroori he was also known by fred as a nickname

Kettons was at the bottom of Woodgrove Lane and the boat race started at hillfoot bridge:huh:

killalees was at the bottom of hobson ave our street

---------- Post added 21-02-2017 at 16:35 ----------

There was another well used Pawnbrokers which was situated opposite Daniel Doncasters on Penistone Road. Some Owlerton people who lived at the Hillsborough Park end of Owlerton would take their goods there to pawn so that the neigh bours did not see them going in or out of the local Pawnbrokers shop near the end of Bastok Road.

Does anyone remember this one?

Happy Days! PopT

poppy hallams

---------- Post added 21-02-2017 at 16:36 ----------

Hi all,

I am looking for someone who may have lived on penistone rd during the late 1960s and 70s. I have a picture of the person taken around that time and wondered if anyone of you recognised her. If so please could you let me know.

the link of the picture http://imgur.com/a/Cp4og

Thank you for your time in advance

---------- Post added 21-10-2016 at 23:26 ----------

Hi,

Did anyone know anyone that lived on penistone rd by the name of Abdul Wahab Saroori he was also known by fred as a nickname

no **** on a b c streets pal