Parkwood springs

Hi Retep have I got it right but did Winston Kewish live in that castle shaped house,we used to go past it on a dirt path then down some wooden steps to a gennell to the road leading to the wide steps over the railway!.It was a handy short cut from Pickering Road saving a long walk round,am I right or what?.:huh::P

Think Winston lived in the top flat of the big house (Rock House), it was split into three large flats, the castle house was in the little field at the back, the path led from Pickering to Wallace

was rock house the big house halfway up wallace rd on the left

was rock house the big house halfway up wallace rd on the left

Half way up Pickering left hand side, below the paper shop.

ok i was just trying to picture where it was. i was only a young lad then.i was born on wallace rd and lived with my parents at my grandad & gramma's house we later moved down to parkwood rd,at the bottom of the station steps,that led from the top of wallace rd.

---------- Post added 12-07-2016 at 18:54 ----------

ps my mum was a "jackson" if that rings a bell with anyone

ok i was just trying to picture where it was. i was only a young lad then.i was born on wallace rd and lived with my parents at my grandad & gramma's house we later moved down to parkwood rd,at the bottom of the station steps,that led from the top of wallace rd.

---------- Post added 12-07-2016 at 18:54 ----------

ps my mum was a "jackson" if that rings a bell with anyone

J. Jackson?

Thanks for that information about the castle in Parkwood I will let my nephew Patrick know.

Cheers.

hi .im just getting used to this modern tecnology. ive been reading the memories of the springs. just to keep this opener short.im bernard dewsnap of 22 beatrixe place. my sister is barbara she lives in aystralia. the families i remember are the smiths.whites.walkers.moodys.hopkins.crookes.tankards.billy beach.hackets.knieftons.proctors (landlord duglas).christains.beaumonts.kerrigans. pete proctor.greaves.mcshanes.ida woolen.walthoe.baraclough.mrs.naggs.battens.carrs.dalamore.skadowski.bob newton.just some that come to mind.ill probwrbly remember more .hope all the old parkwooders are keeping well .ive got plenty of good memories of our forgotten village. bernard22.

hi .im just getting used to this modern tecnology. ive been reading the memories of the springs. just to keep this opener short.im bernard dewsnap of 22 beatrixe place. my sister is barbara she lives in aystralia. the families i remember are the smiths.whites.walkers.moodys.hopkins.crookes.tankards.billy beach.hackets.knieftons.proctors (landlord duglas).christains.beaumonts.kerrigans. pete proctor.greaves.mcshanes.ida woolen.walthoe.baraclough.mrs.naggs.battens.carrs.dalamore.skadowski.bob newton.just some that come to mind.ill probwrbly remember more .hope all the old parkwooders are keeping well .ive got plenty of good memories of our forgotten village. bernard22.

What was the surname of Roy who used to live on Beatrice.

Roy walthoe. His dad was a butcher .they lived at no 10 beatrice place.they had a little A35 van.

Roy walthoe. His dad was a butcher .they lived at no 10 beatrice place.they had a little A35 van.

I remember he used to knock around with one of the Haslam's from the Hillfoot area.