Lost siamese cat

Hi everyone, this is a plea :help:

Please please please can everyone keep a look out for my cat? He is a chocolate point siamese and he somehow got out of the house late last night (Tues night - 15th April) without being spotted when I let my dogs out :(

I am in Hillsborough S6 - Parkside Road area next to the park.

He is nowhere to be seen and I am sick with worry. The cat flap I have is very stiff and my boy is very old now (he is 18 years old and going grey around his face) and I know he wouldn't have been able to get back in all night! I only realized with sickening shock this morning that he has been missing as he always comes for his breakfast.

To make matters worse, he is on daily medication under the Hallam Vets for a tumour :sad: and I need him home. I am so worried about him. I know he will have a tendancy to wander especially now he is old and confused. He is very deaf and also blind in one eye from a previous accident years ago. He also has a nasal tumour which affects his balance :( I give him his meds every day and I'm panicking about this now.

I can't stress how worried I am about him, I'm going to go have another look round the neighbourhood now as goodness knows if he has wandered during the night, he could have ended up anywhere!

I want to try and reach as many people as possible to help try and find him quickly.

So in summary: chocolate point (dark brown/tan) - very old - blind in one eye - deaf - hardly any teeth left now - and usually very vocal unless he's scared :( may walk lopsided occasionally due to balance issues.

Thank you all for any help/advice. I'm going to ring the local vets later in case anyone has found him and handed him in, as he will look lost and confused and scared to any passers by, but he may let strangers near him.

Regards,

One very worried owner

Caz

If anyone has any news my number is 07748 546367

Edited by cazowl
phone number added

If he's not used to being outdoors, there's a very good chance he's in hiding not very far away.

You need to check every possible hiding space in your garden and neighbours gardens.

Some good tips here-

http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/recovery-lostcat.php

and, bear in mind that lost inddor cats, when you find them, and out of their territory and generally very frightened- they may well not come to their owner and there is a risk they could bolt when found if things aren't handled well.

Thank you, still no joy :(

I'm out again shortly to have another look round. It's the not knowing part that's the killer. That's helpful advice thanks. He has been out loads of times and doesn't usually go far, but lately as he has gotten older, he hasn't gone out and I always keep him in night because we have a busy road near us.

The problem is, he is deaf so probably cant hear me shouting...

Have you definitely checked all your neighbours sheds? Cats like to hide, and if they aren't used to being out, or if they don't feel confident they will head for what they deem a safe place. We live on Hawksley Avenue (the other side of the park from you) and we haven't seen him today, but that doesn't mean he isn't hiding somewhere. Do you want me to knock on doors asking people to check their sheds and such?

---------- Post added 16-04-2014 at 17:23 ----------

Actually, have you checked everywhere inside your house? Are you completely sure he got out? He may be hiding somewhere in the house if he felt poorly. I know it's a long shot, but check everywhere! I really hope he is found/home soon. Sorry you're going through this :(

Thank you sh3rb3t that would be great if you dont mind asking around, although it seems unlikey he went that way, but I guess you never know. Ive posted slips through peoples doors on parkside rd asking if they would check their sheds etc. I know what you are saying, Ive gone through the house in every room but he's definitely not here.

If he is shut in somewhere else outside he might have been asleep during the day and maybe not heard me. I will be going again round the neighbours in the next hour or so.

Thanks again, im trying not to think the worst :(

OK, we're going out now. I'll check our side of the park, and the roads surrounding it this side for you. Fingers crossed x

---------- Post added 16-04-2014 at 19:08 ----------

Just got back. We checked all of Parkside Rd, behind it onto the side street (Winston something?), all of the park, the main road leading back, and Hawksley Avenue, and there's apparently been no sightings, and we couldn't find him :( I'm really sorry. I hope he comes back soon x

Thank you so much for checking all those places. I am very grateful, that is very kind of you. I had no luck either but it's good to know there are people out there willing to help.

Ill update you on here if he comes back or I hear news. Im probably going to have to think about maybe an add in the Star or something. Ive put one in Morrisons in Hillsborough, the Asda wouldnt put one up for me, and there is one in the hair dressers window on middlewood rd/bottom of Wadsley Lane. Im keeping everything crossed.

Thanks again

Caz

---------- Post added 17-04-2014 at 13:12 ----------

My boy has been found!!!! :) :) :)

I'm so relieved and so happy - thank you sh3rb3t for all your help in searching, it's very much appreciated and to onewheeldave for his advice.

Turns out he was in someone's back garden over on Fielding Rd, which is actually further away than I was searching. I'm very grateful to the lady who fed him and put out a cardboard box with a blanket for him to sleep in - there are certainly some nice people out there :)

That's fab news! I'm so pleased that he's home :) You must be over the moon! x

Yes I'm so pleased he is home :clap: - thank you again :bigsmile:

He is currently enjoying some fresh chicken and will no doubt eat loads more to make up for it. :thumbsup:

I think you maybe need to keep him home now as he may be a little senile and may get lost again , so Glad you found him

Thank you so much for checking all those places. I am very grateful, that is very kind of you. I had no luck either but it's good to know there are people out there willing to help.

Ill update you on here if he comes back or I hear news. Im probably going to have to think about maybe an add in the Star or something. Ive put one in Morrisons in Hillsborough, the Asda wouldnt put one up for me, and there is one in the hair dressers window on middlewood rd/bottom of Wadsley Lane. Im keeping everything crossed.

Thanks again

Caz

---------- Post added 17-04-2014 at 13:12 ----------

My boy has been found!!!! :) :) :)

I'm so relieved and so happy - thank you sh3rb3t for all your help in searching, it's very much appreciated and to onewheeldave for his advice.

Turns out he was in someone's back garden over on Fielding Rd, which is actually further away than I was searching. I'm very grateful to the lady who fed him and put out a cardboard box with a blanket for him to sleep in - there are certainly some nice people out there :)

Fantastic- you've just made my day :)

Given his age and serious disabilities I feared the worst- he's a lucky dude. So glad he's back home in his territory and no doubt feeling a lot happier.

Brilliant news :) Glad he's home safe :)