Seeking info on my new horse, may have been called Josh?

We believe he was bought from someone in sheffield approx 4 weeks ago and the girl we got him from said he was called Josh previously.

It is believed that this horse has competed at HOYS in his younger years. He is here to stay for life and will be cherished, but would really like further info on him!

He is black, small riding horse type, 15.2... please contact me with any info or if you know who owned him We really only want a little history on this fella, i dont know how honest the previous seller was and she was keen to get rid.

Safe now for life here with our oldies

Thanks.

Does he have a freeze mark? He could be traced that way. I've found though that farriers are a good source of info, mine was telling me about a horse he'd looked after for several years through about 4 owners and it never got any older!

No freeze mark no, wish he did i probably wouldnt need to try so hard to find his history! we are in Derbyshire, our farriers dont cover the area he came from... i do hope someone can help as the girl we bought him from doesnt seem too keen to let on! drives me mad!