New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

Any conditions placed on a Section 278 agreement by a local authority have to be warranted, they can't just request whatever they want and expect a developer to fund it, no questions asked.

If they have valid concerns that the increase in traffic volume would pose a possible safety issue then I would call that warranted.

If they have valid concerns that the increase in traffic volume would pose a possible safety issue then I would call that warranted.

Yes it would and since any such conditions haven't been imposed, I think we can assume there aren't concerns about significantly increased traffic volumes on Birley Spa Lane or Drakehouse Crescent.

Home Decor has almost been demolished! Drove past the other day and its almost gone! Is this Asda going to be like the Tesco at Chesterfield where you park underneath it?

Home Decor has almost been demolished! Drove past the other day and its almost gone! Is this Asda going to be like the Tesco at Chesterfield where you park underneath it?

Home decore is now at woodhouse Mill

I heard that part of the planning application was to make the first half of Moss Way between the tram track and Windmill Greenway into a dual carriageway and the continuation of Windmill Greenway up to Mosborough Moor over the fields which was on the original plans 30 years ago. Putting another supermarket there it will need something to ease the traffic situation in what is already a congested area.

I heard that part of the planning application was to make the first half of Moss Way between the tram track and Windmill Greenway into a dual carriageway and the continuation of Windmill Greenway up to Mosborough Moor over the fields which was on the original plans 30 years ago. Putting another supermarket there it will need something to ease the traffic situation in what is already a congested area.

The new Asda site that was the Home Décor distribution warehouse has been completely flattened. Would be interested to know what became of proposed plans for a new road linking Quarry Hill at Ridgeway to the T junction at Moss Way and Owlthorpe Greenway?

The new Asda site that was the Home Décor distribution warehouse has been completely flattened. Would be interested to know what became of proposed plans for a new road linking Quarry Hill at Ridgeway to the T junction at Moss Way and Owlthorpe Greenway?

as far as i can remember ,i thought that proposal was to do with tesco? wanting to build a new supermarket next to morrisons at halfway .

Round about the time that work started on site, the Asda website was saying March, but I can't see anything on there now. Looks like the shell should be complete by the end of the month. Gives them 3-4 months to fit it out. Possible I guess.