And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

Nice little bit of research, and it's hard to argue against it. Apart from I wouldn't describe him as having a huge budget to work with, and also bear in mind the wages question. He was limited in his choice of signing by the wage he could offer.

Yeah, had to rush finish it as I was off to the ground (and running late :)).

The thing is, he hadn't actually brought wages down that much. Several of those signings, particularly those signed this year, will be on considerable wages.

Another big factor, in my mind, is that he was in charge of one of the best youth-setups in the Premier League, in his time there hardly anybody really broke through. In fact, several kids that were dubbed big talents before he got there were written off, Bannan, Ciaran Clark, Nathan Baker (although injured) and several others. He has brought Weimann and one or two other players, but they haven't exactly shown they've developed enough.

Last night has to be the start of the beginning of the end for Arsene Wenger.

Not this year. Or next. They'll finish in the top 4 this year and they finish in the top 4 next and get to a similar stage of the champions league. They will probably win the FA cup this year looking at who is left. All this on relatively small outlay because he doesn't spend much.

Sack him? I'll bet the board are trying to clone him in a secret lab somewhere.

Wenger is doing exactly what the board want him to do. Increase Arsenal profile by constantly qualifying for the Champions League whilst spending relatively modest amounts of money. In other words he makes a lot of money for the board of Arsenal.

Wenger is doing exactly what the board want him to do. Increase Arsenal profile by constantly qualifying for the Champions League whilst spending relatively modest amounts of money. In other words he makes a lot of money for the board of Arsenal.

All with a very attractive style of play.

Agreed - the rest of the world don't see that though. It will be interesting to see how the media clamour to get him the sack plays out.

Winger needs to get the dead wood out.

Chambers should replace the big German in central defence.

Try Rosicky as an attacking right back.

The one who played RB against Monaco looked out of his depth.

Play Ozil and Sanchez up front,flanked by Walcott and Welbek.

Giroud can't use his right foot. I would sell him.

Ramsay and the Ox in central midfield.

Now that's an attacking team!

After today's performance I can't see Poyet being in charge of Sunderland much longer.