NGH -Nurses/wards

I know a few Nurses are getting abit of stick on some wards , but before you have a go at them - At times its not there fault !! cutting staff on wards is the main problem , nurses are overworked and looking after more peeps than they should at times and cant always give the care they really want too.:(

There are nurse staff shortages all over the country not just at the NGH.

From what I hear its getting worse, although hospital wards have always had the problem of not having enough staff to meet all the needs of patients, which can be terribly stressful and frustrating.

I can remember it being like that as far back as the seventies and onwards depending on the work load, because wards do fluctuate between busy and quieter periods. And that was at a time when there weren't any computers to take up a nurses time and less paper-work to deal with, now there is both.

That's why the NHS would have fallen apart had it not been for the recruitment of overseas qualified nurses, because we don't train enough of our own, and unfortunately many who train here and gain a degree choose to leave to go and work abroad where salaries are higher.

I know a few Nurses are getting abit of stick on some wards , but before you have a go at them - At times its not there fault !! cutting staff on wards is the main problem , nurses are overworked and looking after more peeps than they should at times and cant always give the care they really want too.:(

Don't forget, Ron's little reminders about who to thank! :hihi:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10908149&postcount=22

Who are the people having a go at nurses? I believe people are more inclined to have a go at those in higher positions than nurses. Nurses do an amazing job and I think we can all agree that they are overworked and underpaid.

yes its not the nurses fault they cant spend more time checking up on patients, most of em seem to be run off their feet with so much work.

Who are the people having a go at nurses? I believe people are more inclined to have a go at those in higher positions than nurses. Nurses do an amazing job and I think we can all agree that they are overworked and underpaid.

agree nurses do a amazing job, and those in higher positions should get more of the stick , from time to time family members or visiters give nurses the stick

...those in higher positions should get more of the stick...

But those in higher positions have private parking spaces within the hospital grounds. It's the poor nurses who have to fight over any available on street parking places, much to the annoyance of local residents.

But those in higher positions have private parking spaces within the hospital grounds. It's the poor nurses who have to fight over any available on street parking places, much to the annoyance of local residents.

He he - never let an opportunity pass you by do you ?

Nice one mate X

He he - never let an opportunity pass you by do you ?

Nice one mate X

I see this every single day, Daven. The same nurses, driving the same cars, parking in the same places, at the same time, every weekday morning.

It doesn't affect me because I leave home at 8am and don't return until 6pm after most (but not all!) of the NHS staff have gone and most (but not all!) of the nurses park courteously during the day and the ones I have spoken to in a morning or an evening seem lovely.

Who do I complain to about the lack of a multi story car park in the NGH grounds? Andrew Cash again?

It's worth a try but as I have said before - an application for a multi story car park at NGH for staff was turned down because local residents objected.

Maybe a local campaign to inform local residents about the benefits this structure would have for them with regards to parking around the hospital may be worth a try.

Regards.

Here, here . Well said.

It's worth a try but as I have said before - an application for a multi story car park at NGH for staff was turned down because local residents objected.

And I've said before that I don't believe that excuse for a second!

I strongly doubt that the same local residents that complained to their local councillors and the local press about NGH staff parking on their streets suddenly went all NIMBY when the NGH executives offered to build a multi-storey car park in the NGH grounds. It's not like Fir Vale is a site of outstanding natural beauty, plus there are dozens of multi-storey buildings in the NGH grounds anyway. . .

I will contact my local councillor about the matter and inform you of their response, either on this thread or the dozen or so others that you and I have discussed this same matter on. . .