Average cost of having a bathroom suite fitted???

Can anyone tell me a rough cost of how much it would be to have a bathroom suite fitted (straight swap over)?

Im wanting a full bathroom refurb, but just wanting rough costs, so I know whether im getting robbed or not when plumbers give me a quotation.

Also can anyone recommend a good plumber?

Thanks

steve myers is the king of bathrooms :)

as for the costing.....

i know a guy who does it for 275 on a straight swop, he walks in rips it out and re-fits the new 1 and goes home.

the tiler has a nightmare cuts round the sink/toilet and usually shower.. when finished its a poor job.

there are the others who fit bath and first fix pipework and temporary fit the toilet.

pipework chopped in and waste pipes all taken under floor etc.

tiler comes then plumber returns and second fits sink and toilet,fits bath panel/ shower screen etc..

sometimes 3 visits are needed if the floor is being tiled. obviously = more money..

it all depends on what exactly you want and how much are ready to pay ..

I agree John.

I'd remove the old suite and after altering any pipework and waste temporarily 'fit' the new suite. Then leave it for the plasterer/ tiler to come along. Then back for the final fit.

PS: Nothing is ever a straight 'swop over' :)

yes she/he needs to sort this out in the quote exactly how the project will run . :)

Hi.

Cheers John ...Back At Ya....LOL

Nothing is ever that easy I agree.

I start fit prices for a full suite @£300 If truely a straight swop(only in my dreams) and no first fit...2nd fit visits....etc.

It is far easier to get someone who can do the whole project.... plumbing,tiling,plastering,electrics etc.

And generaly means the projected is completed faster.

One such company is SPM. O yeah thats me....lol

£300 straight swap , but as stated there is no such thing . If you are talking about a full refurb , form the floor to a new ceiling and everything inbetween , you could be looking at anything up to £3500 for a high quality finish.

The tilers I've worked with charge app £300 - £400 for a medium sized bathroom.

Providing you don't want a major change in layout, you should be able to do it for around £1200 including suite & hardware

Hiya if you need a tiler Andy from AJT is excellent, he is on the forum as Tazz and he has done a bathroom for myself and my brother, highly recommended.

i would do it for 220 pounds, only apprentice plumber though, almost finished course and have lots of experience, thats £200 pounds plus materials email [email protected]

LMAO hehehehe :)