Cuneo Family History

West Bar Italians website is in the process of being updated ..... a forum has also been added

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 18:19 ----------

A member of the Cuneo family has posted on the west bar Italians forum looking for living relatives to make contact with

I remember Cuneo ice cream vans coming down Arbourthorne always got a strawberry cone the guy always wore a pork pie hat and was funny with jokes and banter

Hi All, the village the Cuneo family came from is called Coreglia Ligure ( I have pictures if anyone is interested - it's very small) in the north of Italy. Luigi and Andrea came over in the 1840s. They started Cuneo ice cream company which carried on with Luigi and sons, my link is to Andrea, he is my husbands ancestor.

Lisa

Tony (dennis) is the same person, and yes he did have a shop on division street, whats your name if you don't mind me asking and I will ask him if he remembers you.

hiya, i was born 1938 and lived on bath st not far from a mate of his jackie hudson, there is quite a few letters on this site relating to jackie, does frank broadhurst mean anything to him or charlie echardt,lewis lindenstruth,maybe or not, or another year

Hello,

My great grandmothers sister was Margaret Jane Carr. She married Charles Hampshire. Their daughter Gladys marries Louis Cuneo in 1923. I would be interested to find out any information about them and their family or any photos. I know they had three daughters.

Thank you

Hello,

Sorry I think I might  be late to the party, but my ancestors were Andrea/Andrew Indeco Cuneo (1827-83) and Maria Garibondi or Garibaldi (1834-1904). Andrew and Maria (she later Anglicised her name to Mary) were both born in Coreglia Ligure in Italy. They came to Sheffield with Andrew's brother Luigi Louis, and his wife Columbia Rocco. As far as I know, they ran an ice cream business. Luigi was also an organ grinder.

Andrew had a daughter who married a man called "John Carboni". They ran an ice cream business too.

Andrew and Maria are my great great great grandparents. Andrew was a gardener, and Maria was a dressmaker. They also had an income from lodgers (mainly Irish ones) living in their house.

In 1881, for example, they had a lodger called "John O'Donnell" living with them. John was 60 in 1881, and worked as a "boot and shoe maker."

I have done some research on my family tree. So, please feel free to ask me a question on my tree, and I will do my very best to answer it.

I would be very happy to know if anyone has some information to share with me, or any pictures of Andrew and his family.

Thank you very much, I hope this helps.

On 19/09/2015 at 21:00, levans44 said:

Hi All, the village the Cuneo family came from is called Coreglia Ligure ( I have pictures if anyone is interested - it's very small) in the north of Italy. Luigi and Andrea came over in the 1840s. They started Cuneo ice cream company which carried on with Luigi and sons, my link is to Andrea, he is my husbands ancestor.

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

I am related to Andrea.

Do you have any photos of him? And can you help us with this please?

Thank you.