Grimesthorpe Part 3

https://goo.gl/photos/6KxwDZrfc6AzfmFv9

New Spic'y Grill Shop, opened on Upwell St corner of Birdwell Rd the red building

near bus stop.

Dont all rush at once. HaHa

https://goo.gl/photos/Zq4kekE6CggTh2Ej6

Hi Bantycock, Try this same picture again and see if it shows on thread. Brian 6-10-15

Edited by brian1941

Have just seen a Fecbook post of a picture taken 1919 showing Royal Visit to Grimesthorpe on Owler Lane. Apparently they were visiting Vickers Works on Brightside Lane (later English Steel). Must have been a massive occasion for Grimesthorpe!!

1919%20Grimesthorpe%20Royal%20visit%20on%20Owler%20Lane_zpsaphbtebp.jpg

Hello John. On one of your other photobucket photos is a group of people on and around a vintage car. Sat on the running board nearest to the the front nearside wheel, is it Geoff Cottam?

Hello John. On one of your other photobucket photos is a group of people on and around a vintage car. Sat on the running board nearest to the the front nearside wheel, is it Geoff Cottam?

Hi Ralph, Yes its Geoff Cottam with Bev Foster at side of him Here it is again for convenience. Best wishes, John

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee142/johnpm-bucket/jersey1960.jpg

Edited by johnpm

Not getting pics Bri !

--------------

Hiya Bantycock. Go back to No 662 and see if the picture as shown

on thread regards shop on Upwell St.

New pic under other one. :|

Can anyone remember The Beehive in the sixties ? I remember Anne ( the landlords daughter ) and her husband John. I was their best man, but after moving away from Sheffield lost touch. Anyone know their whereabouts?

I had my 18th birthday bash in The Beehive in May 1962. I seem to remember they had a man in there playing the piano sometimes.

I worked at the Beehive 1961-1964 the landlord was Len Slack his wife June at that time they had a son Paul,(who comes on this site now & then).Jean J

Can anyone remember The Beehive in the sixties ? I remember Anne ( the landlords daughter ) and her husband John. I was their best man, but after moving away from Sheffield lost touch. Anyone know their whereabouts?

I remember Ann her maiden name was Currie,her parents also ran the Hodson on Carlisle Rd.No idea where she is now though,knocked about with her in the 50's.

I think the 'Beehive' was the best looking pub, better than the 'Vic', 'Wellington', 'Hodson', 'Bowling Green' etc, is it still a pub and open? Or has it gone bye bye like all the others?

I think the 'Beehive' was the best looking pub, better than the 'Vic', 'Wellington', 'Hodson', 'Bowling Green' etc, is it still a pub and open? Or has it gone bye bye like all the others?

Apart from the 'Reform Chapel' The 'Beehive' and adjacent houses, everything on that side of Upwell Lane long gone, replaced by single story offices. 'Old Bowling Green' as a property still there. not sure if it's commercial or a residence-handsome looking place tho'.