Does anyone remember the Gregg School?

Hi,

I’m Andrew (Andy) Morris and I was a pupil at Gregg from 1959 for almost 2 years. I went on to better things at the Central Technical School but have some fond memories of my time at Broomhill. Indeed, one of my classmates, Glynis Eyre became my wife in 1969 and we are still together with two children and five grandchildren.

For my sins, I was a partner in (the now defunct) Eastwood Associates at Woodseats for about nine years. We were insurance brokers. I was the Founder Chairman of Dronfield Round Table in the 70's and became a Magistrate on the Sheffield bench in the early 80’s. My (then) job with the TSB brought us to East Lothian in Scotland back in 1986.

I’m now retired and live by the sea in Dunbar.

Others in my class at Gregg included David Lowe, Roger Davison (Lord Mayor of Sheffield 2005), Peter Hunter, Robert Proctor (Proctor's Transport), Greg Raison, Michael Cudzic, the Scholeys (2 cousins from Stocksbridge/Oughtibridge), Sam(?) Marsh (Marsh the Butchers), Stewart Seymour, Alan Bartlett, Graham Ward, Ann Parsley, Margaret Bannerman, Glenis Rogers and Joan Widdows.

Joan was a good friend of my wife’s but they lost contact years ago. Joan lived at Totley and wanted to dance professionally. If anyone knows her whereabouts, please let me know. It would really be appreciated.

I learned recently that Peter Hunter sadly died quite a while back and David Lowe passed away in August this year.

I enjoyed my time at Gregg and have stories from back then that could make your toe nails curl.

If anyone remembers Glynis or me – or can cast a light on any of our chums back then please let me know. It would be good to hear from you.

My email address is andrew@laziboo.co.uk

Edited by weemorris